Delicious Vegan Quinoa Salad Recipe – Healthy & Satisfying
Welcome all, to this exciting recipe article featuring my gluten-free vegan hemp bread recipe! It is my pleasure as a nutritionist and food blogger to provide you with a recipe that is both tasty and healthy. For those of us who follow a gluten-free or vegan diet, finding recipes that we enjoy can be quite challenging. But do not despair, because today I have the ultimate solution for you!
This hemp bread recipe combines the goodness of hemp flour, alongside a variety of other gluten-free flours, to create a delicious and nutritious loaf of bread. Hemp flour includes high protein content which makes it an excellent alternative for traditional flours. Apart from being entirely free of gluten, it is also whole-food-based and low carb.
Whether you are on a gluten-free or vegan diet, watching your carb intake, or just looking for healthy substitutes for your current bread options – this recipe is for everyone! So without further ado, let’s proceed to the ingredient list and get started on this fantastic gluten-free vegan hemp bread recipe.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you tired of dry and crumbly gluten-free bread options? Look no further because this Gluten-Free Vegan Hemp Bread recipe is here to save the day! Not only is it delicious and nutritious, but it’s also completely plant-based and free from common allergens like gluten and dairy.
One of the main ingredients in this recipe utilizes high protein hemp flour along with gluten-free flours like teff flour and tapioca flour. This combination results in a fantastic gluten-free yeast bread that has the perfect texture for sandwiches, toast, or even French toast.
But why stop there? With the addition of hemp seeds and chia seeds, this bread is also plant-powered with extra nutritional goodness. Plus, the recipe utilizes xanthan gum as a binding agent to create a chewy bread texture that won’t fall apart.
And for those on specialized diets, this bread is not only gluten-free but also low-carb and grain-free. And if that’s not enough, it’s made with organic ingredients like Erbology Organic Hemp Seed Oil and Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread Mix.
So whether you have dietary restrictions or not, give this Vegan Gluten-Free Hemp Bread recipe a try. You’ll be saying “Hemp Hemp Hooray” in no time!
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (1/2 cup tapioca flour, 1 cup teff flour, and 1/2 cup coconut flour)
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon erbology organic hemp seed oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar or honey/maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Vegan Hemp & Chia Seeds, Paleo Chocolate Chips, or Zucchini Bread.
This bread recipe utilizes high protein hemp flour along with gluten-free flours such as teff flour, coconut flour, and tapioca flour. The combination of these flours gives you the fantastic gluten-free yeast bread that everyone will love. Additionally, hemp seeds and buckwheat are incorporated for a healthy dose of omega-rich seed and nutritious whole grain. You can substitute an equal amount of any gluten-free low carbohydrate flour such as almond flour, flaxseed or quinoa.
The Recipe How-To
Time to get baking! This Gluten-Free Vegan Hemp Bread Recipe utilizes high-protein hemp flour along with gluten-free flours like teff flour, arrowroot, and tapioca flour. Together, they create a fantastic gluten-free yeast bread recipe that is delicious and nutritious.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 1/4 tsp. of dry active yeast
- 1 tsp. of cane sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup of hemp seed
- 1/4 cup of hemp flour
- 1/2 cup of teff flour
- 1/4 cup of arrowroot
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey or maple syrup (for vegan option)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Begin by preheating your oven to 375°F
Step One: In a measuring jug, add the dry active yeast, sugar and warm water together and let it stand to activate the yeast for about 5 minutes.
Step Two: In a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients (hemp seed, hemp flour, teff flour, arrowroot starch, tapioca), xanthan gum, and salt together until they are fully combined.
Step Three: Pour the activated yeast mixture from step one into the large mixing bowl containing the dry ingredients in step two. Stir until everything is well combined.
Step Four: Add the honey/maple syrup (for vegan option), apple cider vinegar and extra virgin olive oil into the mixture and stir until it forms into a dough.
Step Five: Using your hands, knead the dough for several minutes until it becomes pliable and elastic.
Step Six: Mould the dough into a ball and place it onto a lined bread tin. Place the bread tin in the preheated oven to bake for 35-40 minutes.
Step Seven: Once baked, remove from oven and let it cool for about 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack. Slice the loaf only once it’s completely cooled down.
Enjoy your delicious, wholesome and gluten-free vegan hemp bread!
Substitutions and Variations
When it comes to this gluten-free vegan hemp bread recipe, there are plenty of substitutions and variations that you can try out in order to make the recipe tailored just for you. Here are some ideas to spark your creativity:
– Flour substitutions: While this recipe is specifically designed to be gluten-free, you can experiment with different gluten-free flours if you have allergies or intolerances to specific types of flours used in the recipe. For example, you could try using rice flour or quinoa flour instead of teff flour, or coconut flour instead of tapioca flour.
– Sweetener substitutions: The recipe calls for honey or maple syrup as a sweetener, but you could also use other sweeteners like agave nectar or stevia if you prefer.
– Seed substitutions: This bread is called “hemp bread” for a reason – it uses hemp seeds and hemp flour as key ingredients. However, you could try swapping out the hemp seeds for other kinds of seeds like chia or flax seeds instead.
– Add-ins: Want to give your hemp bread an extra kick of flavor? Try adding in some dried herbs like rosemary or thyme, or mix in some chopped nuts like almonds or walnuts.
– Make muffins!: This recipe can also be used to make muffins! Simply skip the bread pan and pour the batter into muffin cups instead. Bake at the same temperature and time as for the bread.
With so many possibilities for customizing this recipe, you can make it again and again without ever getting bored.
Serving and Pairing
What’s better than the smell of freshly baked bread? The undeniable aroma of this gluten-free vegan hemp bread recipe is sure to whet your appetite. Once the bread is cooled, slice it up and enjoy it as a snack with a smear of almond butter or hummus. You can also pair it with some fresh avocado slices and sun-dried tomatoes for a savory breakfast or light lunch.
This bread has a nutty flavor profile that compliments sweet and savory dishes alike. Toasted and topped with some dairy-free cheese, veggies, and sauce make for an excellent vegan pizza crust. You’ll be able to satisfy your carby cravings without the gastrointestinal discomfort.
The options are endless when it comes to pairing this fantastic gluten-free yeast bread recipe with different spreads, dips, or toppings. You could also use it as the base for a scrumptious sandwich with your favorite plant-based protein.
Not only is this bread delicious, but it also packs a nutritional punch. Thanks to the high protein content of hemp flour and seeds, this bread has more fiber and essential fatty acids than your everyday loaf of bread.
Whether you choose to enjoy it alone or paired with other foods, this gluten-free vegan hemp seed bread will keep on giving well after you’ve taken the final bite.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Making bread at home can be a time-consuming process. That’s why I love this gluten-free vegan hemp bread recipe because it allows you to make as much bread as you want and store it for later use. To make things even better, it’s also easy to reheat and has great texture and flavor even after being stored.
You can make this bread ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Alternatively, you can freeze it for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to use it, let the bread thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
To reheat, preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C), wrap the bread in aluminum foil and pop it in the oven for about 10 minutes until warm. If you’d rather not heat up your oven, simply slice the bread and toast it in your toaster oven. This will give the bread a crispy exterior while keeping the inside soft and fluffy.
I highly recommend making a double batch of this bread so that you’ll always have some on hand whenever the craving strikes. Whether you’re enjoying it fresh out of the oven or reheating slices later on, this gluten-free vegan hemp bread is sure to satisfy any bread lover’s cravings.
Tips for Perfect Results
To ensure a perfect loaf of gluten-free vegan hemp bread every time, I’ve gathered some tips and recommendations for you to follow. Keep these in mind as you make your bread, and enjoy the delicious results!
Firstly, make sure to measure your ingredients accurately. Unlike traditional bread recipes, gluten-free baking is a science that requires precise measurements. I recommend using a kitchen scale for best results.
Next, let your dough rise properly. Since gluten-free dough doesn’t have gluten to make it rise, it can take longer for the dough to double in size. Make sure to give your dough enough time to rise before baking.
It’s also important not to overmix your dough. This can lead to a denser bread texture. Mix until all ingredients are just combined.
When shaping the dough loaf, try not to handle it too much. The more you manipulate the dough, the denser the texture will be.
Finally, make sure your loaf is cooked through by checking the internal temperature with a thermometer. It should reach 200°F (93°C). If you tap the bottom of the loaf, it should sound hollow if fully cooked.
Follow these tips for perfect gluten-free vegan hemp bread every time!
Before concluding this gluten-free vegan hemp bread recipe article, I would like to address some frequently asked questions about this recipe. Read on to find out how you can easily make substitutes or variations in the recipe to start leveraging the benefits of a healthy plant-based lifestyle. Whether you’re looking to reduce your gluten intake, follow a low-carbohydrate diet or just want to eat healthier, this recipe is for you!
What replaces gluten in gluten free bread?
Gluten-free blends that consist of alternative flours such as rice and maize, combined with various starches like potato, corn or cassava, are easily accessible and economical choices when it comes to producing gluten-free bread. These are the most commonly found ingredients in the market.
Why is gluten free bread not vegan?
Gluten-free and vegan baked goods can be challenging to come by due to the common use of eggs as a binding agent in gluten-free flour alternatives.
Is hemp dough gluten-free?
For those looking for a nutritious alternative to regular flour, hemp flour is an excellent choice. It contains essential nutrients like protein, magnesium, and healthy fats. Additionally, hemp flour is free from gluten and cholesterol and is low in carbohydrates and sodium. Not only is it a healthier option, but it also offers a myriad of essential minerals such as calcium, iron, and zinc.
Is gluten free bread OK for vegans?
When it comes to vegan and gluten-free breads, not all products are equal. One of the most important factors to consider is the nutritional value. This is where Food for Life Sprouted for Life™ breads stand out from the rest.
In conclusion, the gluten-free vegan hemp bread recipe is a fantastic alternative to traditional bread. This recipe utilizes high protein hemp flour along with gluten-free flours such as teff and tapioca to create a delicious and healthy bread. It’s free from gluten, dairy, and low in carbohydrates making it suitable for various dietary restrictions.
Whether you’re new to a vegan or gluten-free diet, or simply looking to try something new, this hemp bread is definitely worth making. It’s easy to prepare and bake in your oven or bread machine. You won’t have to give up texture or taste because this bread has both – plus added nutrition from the hemp seed.
Try incorporating vegan hemp bread into your daily routine for breakfast, lunch, snacks or dinner. As a nutritionist and food blogger, I highly recommend this recipe as it provides health benefits without sacrificing taste.
Give it a try and let me know what you think. I hope you enjoy this delicious and healthy hemp loaf as much as I do! And always remember: “Hemp hemp hooray for plant-based goodness!”
Gluten Free Vegan Hemp Bread Recipe
- 2 1/4-2 1/2 cups warm water (100 to 110 degrees F)
- 1 tablespoon dry active yeast
- 1 teaspoon organic unbleached cane sugar, maple sugar or 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil or 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey or 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 cup teff flour
- 1 cup hemp flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour
- 3/4 cup arrowroot
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Place the warm water and teaspoon of sugar into a small bowl (a 4-cup liquid measure works well). Make sure the water is the right temperature. If the water is too cold the yeast will not become active and if the water is too hot it will kill the yeast. Add the yeast and stir. Proof the yeast by allowing it to stand for 5 to 10 minutes. It should become foamy and/or bubbly, if not start over with fresh yeast and water.
- Add the oil, honey, and apple cider vinegar. Stir well with a fork or wire whisk.
- In a large bowl, add the brown rice flour, teff flour, hemp flour, potato starch or tapioca flour, arrowroot powder, xanthan gum, sea salt, and baking soda. Combine the flours with a wire whisk. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk them together as you are pouring to avoid lumps. Continue to stir with a large spoon for another 60 seconds or so, or until the batter thickens and becomes smooth.
- Spoon dough into prepared pan. Use the back of a spoon to shape into a loaf form. Place pan in a very warm spot. Let rise for about 45 to 60 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for about 60 minutes. Allow bread to cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then remove and place onto a wire rack to cool. Tip: to get a crustier loaf, turn up your oven to 425 degrees for the last 10 minutes of baking.