Delicious and Nutritious: Keto Biscuits Recipe
Hello to all my fellow food lovers and health enthusiasts! Are you in search of a delicious, easy-to-make recipe that falls within the guidelines of your low-carb, keto or gluten-free diet? Well, look no further because I have the perfect recipe for you – a recipe for Keto Biscuits (Dairy-Free). Yes, you read that right. These biscuits are not only low in carbs but also dairy-free, gluten-free and made with healthy organic ingredients.
But why should you even bother with this recipe? The answer is simple – eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring and bland. With these biscuits, you can still indulge in a treat while keeping your carbohydrate intake in check. Whether you are on a keto diet or simply looking to cut out certain food groups like dairy and gluten, these biscuits won’t make you feel deprived.
Made with only 8 ingredients, these biscuits are not only easy to put together but also very versatile. They can be enjoyed on their own as a snack, used as a base for a savory breakfast sandwich or topped with some sugar-free jam for an afternoon tea treat.
So whether you are an experienced cook looking to try a new recipe or a beginner trying to master the art of biscuit-making, this recipe is suitable for anyone who wants to enjoy tasty biscuits without compromising on their dietary needs.
Stay tuned for the next sections where I’ll take you through the ingredient list and give you step-by-step instructions on how to make these drool-worthy Keto Biscuits (Dairy-Free).
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you looking for a delicious and healthy biscuit recipe that’s keto-friendly, dairy-free, and free of gluten? If yes, You’ll love these keto biscuits (dairy-free) made with wholesome ingredients that are sure to satisfy your cravings for something savory.
Unlike regular biscuits that are high in carbohydrates and loaded with unhealthy fats, these biscuits are low in carbs and packed with nutritious ingredients like almond flour, coconut oil, and eggs that make them a perfect fit for your health-conscious lifestyle.
The beauty of this recipe is in its simplicity. The ingredients are easy to find, and they come together quickly in just a few steps. You don’t need any fancy equipment or special skills to make them. All you need is a mixing bowl and a baking tray, and you’re good to go!
But what makes these biscuits truly outstanding is their soft texture and buttery flavor. They’re perfect on their own as a snack or breakfast option or paired with your favorite meal as a side dish. You can also customize them by adding different flavors like chopped herbs or spices.
If you’re on the keto diet or just trying to limit your carb intake, you’ll love that each biscuit contains only 2 grams of net carbs, making it an excellent alternative to traditional flour-based biscuits.
In conclusion, if you want to enjoy delicious biscuits without feeling guilty about it, this recipe is for you. It’s easy to make, nutritious, and satisfies your taste buds without compromising your health goals. So give it a try today and see for yourself why these keto biscuits (dairy-free) should be at the top of your go-to recipes!
Here’s what you’ll need to make these delicious keto biscuits:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup ghee or coconut oil, melted
- 2 large eggs, whisked
Make sure to use blanched almond flour for the best texture.
This easy-to-follow recipe calls for simple and low-carb keto ingredients that are dairy-free and nut-free without compromising the taste. Because we want you to enjoy a guilt-free biscuit treat that won’t kick you out of ketosis!
The Recipe How-To
Now, it’s time for the main event – The Recipe How-To! Follow these easy steps to make your own delicious Keto Biscuits:
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or kosher salt
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Mix well and then add the melted coconut oil and whisked eggs.
- Mix everything together into a thick dough.
- Scoop the dough with a spoon to create several biscuit-size portions (about 8).
- Place each dough portion on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for around 15 minutes until golden brown.
That’s it! Pretty simple, right? You can now enjoy your delicious and healthy Keto Biscuits that are perfect for your low-carb and dairy-free diet.
Substitutions and Variations
This recipe for Keto Biscuits (Dairy Free) is already quite versatile, but there are a few easy substitutions and variations you can try to mix things up and cater to your personal preferences.
– Flour: While this recipe uses almond flour and coconut flour, you can swap one or the other out for another nut or seed-based flour such as hazelnut or sunflower seed flour. Just make sure the consistency and ratios are similar so that the biscuits still turn out fluffy and delicious.
– Dairy: This recipe uses ghee or coconut oil in place of butter, but if you don’t have those readily available, other dairy-free substitutes like palm shortening work well too. It’s important to make sure your ingredients complement your dietary needs and sensitivities.
– Sweetness: If you like your biscuits slightly sweeter, add a little bit of natural sweeteners such as monk fruit or stevia, just be careful not to overdo it as too much can alter the texture and form of the biscuit shapes.
– Add-ins: These biscuits are wonderful on their own but can be made more interesting with additional ingredients like chopped nuts or seeds to add extra texture. You could also sprinkle them with a bit of coarse sea salt for a savory touch.
– Shape: This recipe creates traditional round shaped biscuits, however, you can make drop biscuits instead by spooning out portions onto a baking sheet instead of rolling them into balls. This cuts down on prep time while still resulting in delicious fluffy biscuits perfect for any meal.
Whatever substitutions or variations you decide to make, these keto biscuits will remain low-carb friendly, gluten-free, dairy-free and absolutely satisfying regardless of which twist you add. Enjoy getting creative in the kitchen with this biscuit recipe!
Serving and Pairing
These Keto Biscuits (Dairy Free) are versatile and can complement any meal. They are perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You can enjoy them warm straight out of the oven or at room temperature.
For an indulgent breakfast, I recommend topping your biscuits with some creamy peanut butter or almond butter and a drizzle of sugar-free maple syrup. You can also eat them as a sandwich with some crispy bacon and scrambled eggs.
These biscuits are also ideal for serving with soups, stews, and chili. It’s a great way to add some texture to your dish while keeping it low carb.
If you’re looking for a quick snack, you can pair these biscuits with some cheese and fruit. The nutty flavor of the almond flour pairs perfectly with the sharpness of the cheese.
For dessert, you can turn these biscuits into Keto Shortbread Cookies by adding some sweetener and a dash of vanilla extract to the dough. Bake them for a few minutes longer than the biscuit recipe calls for until they turn golden brown on the edges.
The possibilities with these biscuits are endless. Experiment with different toppings and fillings to create your own unique twist on this classic biscuit recipe.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
These Keto Biscuits are best served fresh out of the oven; however, they can also be prepared ahead of time and stored for later consumption.
To make-ahead, prepare the biscuits as per the recipe instructions and allow them to cool completely. Once cooled, place them in an airtight container or freezer bag for storage. The biscuits can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to a month.
To reheat, there are a few different methods that work well. If reheating from frozen, allow the biscuits to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes before reheating.
Option one is to microwave them on high for 20-30 seconds or until warm. Option two is to reheat them in a preheated oven at 350°F (180°C) for 5-10 minutes or until warm.
The biscuits can also be toasted under the broiler for a couple of minutes until they are lightly browned and crispy on the outside.
Regardless of your preferred method, make sure not to overheat the biscuits as this can cause them to become dry and lose their fluffiness.
With these easy make-ahead and reheating tips, you’ll always have freshly baked keto biscuits available for a quick breakfast or snack!
Tips for Perfect Results
Now that you have the recipe in your hands, it’s your turn to give it a try! Here are a few pointers to help you nail the perfect batch of keto biscuits on the first attempt:
1. Stick to the right measurements: Be sure to measure ingredients carefully and accurately. Even a small variation in measurement, especially with almond flour and baking powder, can affect the texture of the biscuit.
2. Preheat is key: Make sure your oven is preheated to 375°F before you begin baking. This will ensure that your biscuits bake evenly.
3. Blade up: Use a sharp knife, blade or scraper to cut out the biscuits rather than twisting, which can cause the edges to seal and inhibit their rise.
4. Don’t overwork the dough: Once your ingredients are combined, don’t over mix or overwork the dough. Overworking will create a dense texture rather than a light and fluffy biscuit.
5. Refrigerate before baking: For best results let biscuit dough chill in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes before baking them.
6. Get creative with flavors: While these Keto Biscuits are flavorful all by themselves, it’s always fun to experiment with different flavors combinations. Consider adding herbs like rosemary or thyme for an extra burst of flavor.
7. Let them cool completely: It’s hard to resist warm biscuits fresh out of the oven but as difficult as it may be, let them cool completely before serving them.
By following these tips, you’ll find yourself enjoying some delicious and guilt-free gluten-free and dairy-free Keto Biscuits in no time!
Now that you’ve learned how to make these delectable keto biscuits, it’s time to address some common questions. In this section, I’ll be answering some of the most frequently asked questions about the recipe, including alternative ingredient options and troubleshooting tips to ensure that every batch is perfect. So, let’s get started!
What can I use instead of almond flour for keto?
If you’re looking for a gluten-free and nut-free alternative to almond flour, consider using sunflower seed flour. This type of flour is made by grinding hulled sunflower seeds, and it has a texture that is comparable to almond flour. Sunflower seed flour is a versatile and keto-friendly option to have on hand when baking for individuals with nut allergies or if you simply prefer a different type of flour.
Can I eat any biscuits on keto diet?
Keto dieters cannot indulge in typical biscuit recipes due to the presence of high-carb ingredients, such as wheat flour and milk. However, there exists an alternative solution for those craving biscuits: keto-friendly biscuit recipes formulated with approved keto flours.
How many carbs are in a keto biscuit?
Indulge in these low carb keto biscuits crafted with almond flour and butter that boast fluffy, buttery, and tender texture. An ideal alternative to conventional biscuits containing higher carbs, these biscuits complement a side dish or keto gravy. Furthermore, at only 2 grams of net carbs per biscuit, you can savor them guilt-free.
Are biscuits dairy free?
Biscuits typically have dairy ingredients such as butter and milk/buttermilk.
with a persuasive paragraph:
In conclusion, these keto biscuits are not only delicious but also nutritious. With their dairy-free and gluten-free recipe, they cater to a wide range of dietary needs, including those on the keto diet. The easy-to-follow recipe instructions and the tips for perfect results make them a go-to recipe for all levels of cooking experience. With the versatility to be paired with sweet or savory dishes, these biscuits can be enjoyed as breakfast, snack, or even a side dish. So why stick to store-bought biscuits when you can whip up your own healthy and tasty ones in no time? Give this biscuit recipe a try and enjoy the benefits of wholesome ingredients and flavors!
Keto Biscuits (Dairy Free) Recipe
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup ghee, melted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- sea salt, for topping (optional, to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 with oven rack in the middle. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup. (I found the parchment paper completely unnecessary and nothing stuck for me--if I was worried I would have used my butter wrappers or a little ghee to grease the pan, but it wasn't necessary at all).
- In a bowl, make the dough by combining all ingredients and whisking with a fork until combined.
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop out 3 tablespoon balls. Flatten slightly with your hand to shape like biscuits. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt. (I skipped additional salt on top--I thought they were salty enough without more salt).
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until set and turning golden brown. Cool on a baking sheet.
- Serve warm or room temperature. Will last in airtight container refrigerated for 7 days or frozen for 6 months.
- You can substitute coconut oil or butter for ghee. Don't substitute coconut flour for almond flour though.