Welcome to my coconut creme caramel recipe – a delicious and healthy dessert that will tantalize your taste buds! As a nutritionist and food blogger, I always strive to create healthy organic, gluten-free, and dairy-free recipes that are both flavorful and nutritious. This recipe is no exception!
If you’re looking for a dessert that’s both indulgent and free of dairy, then give this recipe a try. My coconut creme caramel recipe is perfect for those who want to satisfy their sweet tooth without the guilt. Made with coconut milk, eggs, cultured coconut, and maple syrup, this dessert is full of flavor and has an amazingly creamy texture.
Not only is this recipe dairy-free, but it’s also gluten-free and can easily be made vegan with a few substitutions. This versatile dish is perfect for any occasion whether you’re hosting a dinner party or just want to treat yourself.
So why not take a step towards healthy indulgence today and try my coconut creme caramel? I guarantee it will become your new go-to dessert!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you looking for a delectable dessert that is not only dairy-free but is also gluten-free, organic, and nutritious? Look no further than this coconut crème caramel recipe. This recipe is perfect for those with dietary restrictions or those who want to maintain a healthy lifestyle while indulging in a sweet treat.
But why should you choose this recipe? Well, for starters, it uses full-fat coconut milk instead of dairy milk, making it completely dairy-free. This means that people who are lactose intolerant or have a dairy allergy can still enjoy the creamy and delicious taste of caramel flan. Moreover, the use of organic coconut sugar adds a healthier twist to the traditional sugar used in most recipes.
If you’re watching your weight or trying to keep your sugar intake low, this recipe offers some flexibility in terms of ingredients. You can easily swap out the sugar for a natural alternative like maple syrup or opt for monk fruit sweetener instead. Additionally, the recipe calls for almond milk instead of cow’s milk which offers fewer calories without sacrificing flavor.
What makes this recipe even more special is its versatility. It can easily be made into a variety of different desserts like pudding, ice cream, keto flan, creme brulee or even salted caramel sauce. With just a few tweaks and substitutions here and there, you can create a dessert that suits your specific dietary needs and preferences.
In conclusion, this recipe not only satisfies your sweet tooth but also caters to your dietary restrictions and health concerns. Its rich and creamy texture coupled with its healthy ingredients makes it an irresistible option for anyone looking for a mouth-watering dessert without sacrificing their health goals. So go ahead and give it a try – we guarantee that you will love it!
Coconut Crème Caramel is a smooth, creamy, and delicious dessert that is perfect for any occasion. This dairy-free recipe only requires a few simple yet essential ingredients.
- Coconut Milk: This recipe uses coconut milk instead of regular cow’s milk. Use full-fat coconut milk for creamier texture and smoother consistency.
- Eggs: The eggs are used to create the rich custard base and provide structure to the dessert.
- Sugar: Use a combination of organic coconut sugar and caster sugar for sweetness to balance the flavors evenly.
- Vanilla Extract: A teaspoon of vanilla extract adds flavor depth to the dish, making it extra luscious.
- Maple Syrup: Adding maple syrup imparts an exotic taste that blends perfectly with the coconut flavor.
- Anthony’s Organic Coconut Sugar: These light brown granulated gems offer a scrumptious, unique taste that is less sweet than traditional white sugar.
These ingredients come together seamlessly to make a delightful treat that will satisfy your cravings for sweets without feeling guilty.
The Recipe How-To
Let’s dive into the recipe of this Coconut Crème Caramel!
- 2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups coconut cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup organic coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat Oven and Make Caramel:
Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C). Then, to prepare caramel, add 1 cup of sugar and 2 tablespoons of water in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally until sugar dissolves completely. Once the mixture comes to a boil, stop stirring and let it cook until it turns into a deep golden amber color.
Quickly pour the caramel into four ramekins or one large baking dish.
Put Together Custard Mixture:
Then, in a mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, coconut cream, eggs, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
Assemble and Bake:
Pour the prepared custard mixture carefully into each ramekin or the baking dish on top of the caramel mixture.
Place ramekins or baking dish in a deep roasting pan or baking dish with high sides. Add water to the pan until it reaches about halfway up the sides of the ramekins or baking dish.
Carefully transfer the roasting pan or baking dish to the preheated oven and bake for about 45 minutes, or until custard is just set but still wobbly in the center.
Remove from oven and let it cool down at room temperature.
Cover each ramekin with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to chill.
When you’re ready to serve, dip each ramekin in hot water for up to 15 seconds to help loosen the caramel from the edges.
Carefully place a plate over each ramekin and flip it over, spooning any remaining caramel sauce over the top. Serve chilled.
Substitutions and Variations:
- Swap coconut milk for almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- Use caster sugar instead of coconut sugar for a less intense flavor
- Add some coconut flakes on top of the caramel before adding custard mixture to give extra texture
- Substitute maple syrup with corn syrup or honey
Enjoy this delicious Coconut Crème Caramel dessert that is perfect for every occasion!
Substitutions and Variations
Are you looking to add more interesting twists to your Coconut Creme Caramel recipe? Here are some simple substitutions and variations that you can experiment with:
– Dairy-free creme caramel: Exchange almond milk 1:1 for the full fat coconut milk and enjoy a dairy-free version of this dessert.
– Vegan creme caramel: To make a vegan version of this dessert, replace the eggs with 1 cup of coconut cream and mix with 2 tablespoons of corn starch. The result is an egg-free and vegan-friendly custard!
– Pudding or ice cream: Make a batch of this recipe but stop before adding the caramel sauce. Pour the mixture into popsicle molds or an ice cream maker for a refreshing treat.
– Keto flan: To make a keto-friendly version, swap out the sugar for a sugar substitute like erythritol or monk fruit. Use heavy cream instead of coconut milk and bake at a low temperature.
– Salted caramel sauce: To add some saltiness to your dessert, sprinkle some sea salt over your caramel sauce. This is great for those who love a sweet and salty combination.
– Gluten-free option: Simply swap out regular sugar for caster sugar and use organic corn syrup as an alternative thickener.
– Caramel custard or leche flan: This Filipino version of crème caramel uses condensed milk, evaporated milk, eggs, and lots of sugar. You can substitute condensed milk and almond milk 1:1 for coconut milk if you want more sweetness.
By experimenting with different flavors and ingredients, you can create variations that suit your dietary needs while still enjoying the classic crème caramel taste. Why not try out one or two of these substitutions today?
Serving and Pairing
Once the delicious Coconut Creme Caramel is ready to be served, it can be garnished with a variety of toppings like toasted coconut flakes, fresh fruits, or a sprinkling of cocoa powder. This adds not just visual appeal but also enhances the flavor experience.
A perfect dessert to impress guests in any formal or casual occasion, this Coconut Creme Caramel pairs well with a cup of hot coffee or tea. The natural nutty undertones from the coconut blend wonderfully and balance out the sweetness of the custard.
For those who enjoy wine, this caramel recipe goes exceptionally well with a dessert wine such as Moscato d’Asti. It’s light and bubbly effervescence compliments the rich and creamy texture and flavor of the Coconut Creme Caramel.
Another interesting pairing is with coconut ice cream or almond milk pudding, which complements the flavors for a smooth taste enlivened by sweet coconut undertones.
Whether you’re wanting to add something special for a family get-together or satisfy your sweet tooth craving, serving Coconut Creme Caramel is an excellent way to do it in style.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
If you’re looking for a dessert recipe that you can make ahead of time, then this coconut creme caramel is the perfect choice! Once baked and cooled, it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days until ready to serve.
To store the creme caramel, simply cover it tightly with plastic wrap or transfer it to an airtight container. If you want to get creative with your presentation, flip the cooled creme caramel onto a serving platter so that the caramel sauce is on top.
When it’s time to serve, simply remove it from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes before serving. This will allow the sauce to loosen up a bit and make the creme caramel easier to cut.
If you have leftovers, they can be reheated in the microwave or oven. To reheat in the microwave, simply place individual servings on a microwave-safe plate and heat on medium power for 30 seconds at a time until warm. If reheating in the oven, wrap slices in foil and heat at 350°F (175°C) for 10-15 minutes until heated through.
And if you want to switch things up, try serving your coconut creme caramel with a scoop of dairy-free ice cream or a drizzle of salted caramel sauce. The possibilities are endless!
Tips for Perfect Results
To ensure that your coconut crème caramel turns out perfectly, here are some tips and tricks that you can use:
Firstly, when making the caramel, it is important to not stir the sugar once it has melted. If you do stir it, it could cause the sugar to crystallize and affect the texture of the caramel.
Secondly, for a rich coconut flavor, use full-fat coconut milk instead of light or reduced-fat varieties. The fat in the coconut milk also helps to give the custard a silky smooth texture.
Thirdly, when whisking together the eggs with the other ingredients, be sure not to overdo it as this will create air bubbles that could cause your custard to crack in the oven.
Next, place your ramekins into a large baking tray or roasting pan and fill with hot water until it reaches halfway up the sides of the ramekins. This will help prevent the custard from curdling or overcooking on top.
Finally, allow sufficient cooling time before trying to remove your crème caramels from their molds. Running a knife around the edge of each mold while still slightly warm can help release them from sticking before you’re ready to serve.
By using these tips above, you can achieve perfect results every time with our dairy-free and gluten-free Coconut Crème Caramel recipe!
If you’re looking for a dairy-free and gluten-free dessert that is both creamy and delicious, then this Coconut Creme Caramel recipe is perfect for you. Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also packed with healthy ingredients like coconut milk, organic coconut sugar, and eggs.
By following the simple steps outlined in this recipe article, you will be able to impress your friends and family with a unique and flavorful dessert. And by using the suggested substitutions and variations, you can customize the final product to meet your preferences.
Whether you’re looking for a sweet treat to end a meal or simply want to indulge in a guilt-free dessert, this Coconut Creme Caramel recipe offers the perfect solution. So don’t hesitate to give it a try, and let us know how your own variation turns out.
Coconut Creme Caramel - Dairy Free Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 3 medium eggs
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Put half the sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir and let the sugar caramelize. When melted and golden brown (not burnt), pour the caramel equally into 4 remekins.
- In a small pan, heat the coconut milk over allow heat until warm.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with the remaining sugar until light and creamy.
- Gradually add the coconut milk, beating as you do.
- Strain the custard and pout into remekins. put the remekins into a baking panm and pour enough hot water around them so it come halfway up the cups.
- bake for 30 - 40 minutes, until the coconut caramels are set.
- When cool, refrigerate the remekins.
- To serve, run a knife around the edges of the bowl and invert onto plate.
- Make 4 individual custards.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You