Hark! Ye who are in search of a delectable muffin recipe, forsake all thy worries for this gluten-free cranberry orange muffin recipe shall fill thee with joy and contentment. With the perfect balance between tangy cranberries and sweet oranges, these muffins are truly the epitome of comfort food.
But, what makes this recipe so special, you ask? Well, tis’ a gluten-free recipe that would leave no one guessing it’s sans gluten! It is also dairy-free allowing everyone to savor its deliciousness without any restriction.
With powdered sugar sprinkled on top and orange juice drizzled down the sides mixed with dried cranberries, these muffins shall make thine taste buds sing with the flavors of autumn. This recipe also provides a healthier option as we use nonfat plain yogurt instead of sour cream. And let me tell you, it does wonders for the texture and moisture of these muffins!
So come hither! Let’s gather our ingredients and bake some heavenly muffins together that can be paired perfectly with your morning coffee or even served as an afternoon snack. Prepare to indulge in some tasty delights!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Do you crave for a sweet and tangy treat every now and then? If yes, then this recipe of Cranberry Orange Muffins is perfect for you! I guarantee that you won’t be able to resist taking a bite once they’re out of the oven.
What makes these muffins different from regular muffins is that they are gluten-free, dairy-free and a healthier alternative to satisfy your cravings. The combination of dried cranberries with fresh orange juice and zest gives them the perfect balance of flavors. Adding non-fat plain yogurt instead of cream or milk adds a nice tangy flavor without all the extra fat.
Not to mention, these muffins are extremely easy to make. You can whip up the ingredients in no time to enjoy them fresh at breakfast or as an after-lunch snack. Moreover, if you have guests coming over, you can easily double the recipe and impress them with warm fluffy muffins served with hot tea or coffee.
Cranberries are known for their natural antioxidant properties that boost immune system function. Thus, these muffins not only satisfy your taste buds but provide numerous health benefits as well.
So, whether you have gluten intolerance, are lactose intolerant, or just simply want to switch things up from your everyday snack routine – these Cranberry Orange Muffins are definitely worth baking!
I hope this recipe becomes your go-to snack that never disappoints!
Before diving into how to make these scrumptious cranberry orange muffins, it’s important to ensure that we are equipped with all of the necessary ingredients! Here is the full list:
- 2 cups gluten-free flour blend (I recommend Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum (if not already included in flour blend)
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 medium orange, zest and juice of
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt or dairy-free alternative
- 1/2 cup melted butter or dairy-free alternative
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
– Powdered sugar for dusting over the top
The Recipe How-To
Now that you’ve gathered all your ingredients, let’s get started on making these delicious Cranberry Orange Muffins!
Step 1: Prepare the Wet Ingredients
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 3 eggs and 1 cup of granulated sugar until smooth. Next, add 1/2 cup of melted butter and whisk again until everything is well combined. Then add in 3/4 cup of nonfat plain yogurt, 1/2 cup of fresh orange juice and 1 tbsp of finely grated orange zest. Mix well again.
Step 2: Mix in the Dry Ingredients
In another mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients: 2 cups of gluten-free flour blend, 2 tsp of baking powder, 1 tsp of xanthan gum, and 1/2 tsp of salt. Whisk it thoroughly to combine.
Add the mixed dry ingredients gradually to the wet mixture mixing after each addition till all the dry mixtures are mixed properly. Once all the flour mixture is mixed in, gently fold in cranberries (dried or fresh cranberries).
Step 3: Fill Your Muffin Tins
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Scoop about a quarter cup or less into each muffin tin until each tin is about two-thirds full. Add some more cranberry where necessary.
Step 4: Bake It Up
Place your filled muffin tins into your preheated oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean from the center of your muffins.
Step 5: Enjoy Your Delicious Cranberry Orange Muffins
Allow the muffins to cool for at least five minutes before taking them out from their tins. Once cooled, dust some powdered sugar over the tops of the muffins for an extra pretty finish.
Serve them up on a platter, make yourself a cup of tea or coffee, and enjoy your freshly baked Gluten-free, Dairy-free Cranberry Orange Muffins.
Substitutions and Variations
Hark! Shouldst thee desire to tweaketh this cranberry orange muffin recipe to suit thy preferences, I have hither some suggested substitutions and variations for thee to try. Mayhap thee would fain a vegan or paleo version of this muffin? Or perchance thee has’t another fruit in mind to substitute for cranberries? Read on for some ideas.
– Gluten-free flour blend: If thou can not find almond flour, thee could use a gluten-free flour blend. Tapioca flour and rice flour art often found in gluten-free blends, along with other flours such as oat flour. Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour is a good choice.
– Vegan: To maketh these muffins vegan, thee could substitute the eggs with the following – 3 tablespoons of water whisked with 1 tablespoon of freshly ground flaxseed meal for each egg or use an equivalent amount of unsweetened applesauce.
– Orange muffins: Shouldst thou prefer a muffin that is more orange-y than cranberry-y, thee could use zest from two oranges instead of one, and add one cup of orange juice instead of half a cup.
– Pecan muffins: Thee could replace dried cranberries with pecans, also add maple syrup or honey to sweeten it up.
– Fresh cranberries: Instead of using dried cranberries, thee could use fresh ones. Just chop them into small pieces before adding them to the batter.
Mayhap these suggestions helpeth inspire thee to createth thy own variation on this tasty recipe.
Serving and Pairing
Oh, how lovely it would be to indulge in the deliciously scrumptious cranberry orange muffins! My mouth starts watering just by imagining these fluffy gluten-free muffins. These muffins make for an excellent breakfast, dessert or a mid-day snack, always providing the perfect combination of sweetness and tanginess.
Pair these colorful delights with a steaming cup of coffee or a glass of refreshing orange juice to take your taste buds on a divine journey. You could even step up the pairing game by serving them with a dollop of vegan cranberry sauce and some freshly sliced oranges.
These cranberry orange muffins are extremely versatile and can be paired with a range of side dishes, such as fresh fruit salad, yogurt, or smoothie bowls. If you are feeling adventurous, try crumbling some toasted pecans onto the muffin top. The nuttiness will complement the tartness of the cranberries amazingly well.
With their vibrant colors and rich flavor profile, these muffins can be served on any occasion – from a casual brunch with friends to a fancy high tea party. Trust me when I say this; these little bites of heaven never disappoint!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Oh, dearest readers, it’s simply marvelous that you’ve made these sublime cranberry orange muffins! But what if, perchance, you want to enjoy them a bit later? Fret not, for I have some tips to ensure they stay divinely fresh!
To make these muffins ahead of time, keep them in an airtight container or sealable plastic bag at room temperature for up to two days. To keep them fresh for longer periods, store them in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for up to three months.
To reheat the muffins once they’ve been stored, remove them from the refrigerator or freezer and let them come to room temperature first. Then, you can either heat them up in a microwave for 10-15 seconds or warm them up in an oven set at 350°F for 5-7 minutes.
Pro tip: Avoid reheating these muffins excessively as this may result in dry and tough texture. For breakfast on the go or snack time, just grab one of these muffins and relish their cranberry orange flavor – they’re simply flawless!
Tips for Perfect Results
If you want to achieve perfectly baked muffins, then consider following these expert tips.
One vital technique when preparing the batter is not to overmix it. Overmixing can make the muffins dense and tough, so just combine the ingredients until well blended.
Another thing that most people overlook is allowing the batter to rest before baking. Letting the mixture sit for about 10 minutes allows the flour to absorb moisture from the wet ingredients and gives the muffins a fluffier texture.
Using fresh and high-quality ingredients, like freshly squeezed orange juice, can also dramatically enhance your dish’s taste. Additionally, make sure that your butter or dairy-free substitute is at room temperature as this allows it to mix smoothly for an even bake.
When using gluten-free flour blends, mix them with xanthan gum or psyllium husk powder to mimic gluten’s elasticity. The perfect ratio is 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum per cup of flour.
If you’re baking with fresh cranberries, avoid over choppping them as larger pieces will add a sweet and tart balance to each bite. Adding in pecans could also add crunch and warmth, so feel free to use both.
Lastly, be cautious of using overripe fruits as they can be too sweet and moist than what the recipe requires. For instance, ripe bananas will make damp muffins that tend to stick on baking paper or paper liners.
By following these tips and paying attention to detail, you can enjoy the perfect batch of Cranberry Orange Muffins every time!
Hark! My dear friends, these cranberry orange muffins are the perfect addition to your breakfast table or afternoon tea. Not only are they gluten-free and dairy-free, but they are also packed with flavor and nutrients. The combination of tart cranberries and sweet oranges makes each bite a pleasure to savor.
With their easy-to-follow recipe, versatile ingredient list, and tips for perfect results, these muffins are sure to become a staple in your kitchen. And fear not, for there are substitutions and variations that allow you to customize these muffins to your liking. Whether you prefer fresh or dried cranberries, or want to add some pecans for a nutty crunch – the choice is entirely yours.
So go forth and bake these delectable muffins. Share them with your loved ones around the table or pack them up as a snack. And remember, eating healthy does not have to mean sacrificing flavor or enjoyment. These gluten-free cranberry orange muffins will tantalize your taste buds and nourish your body – truly the best of both worlds!
Fare thee well, my friends. May your baking endeavors be filled with love and deliciousness.
Cranberry Orange Muffins (Gluten Free) Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free flour, blend
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4-1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 orange, juice and zest of
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners and lightly mist with a gluten free cooking spray or oil. Set aside.
- In the large mixing bowl to a stand mixer, beat together the butter, yogurt and sugar until smooth and thoroughly combined. Beat in eggs.
- Add 1/2 cup of the gluten free rolled oats to a food processor bowl and blend until finely ground. The 1/2 cup of ground oats should measure approximately 1/4 cup. Place the remaining oats and orange zest in a small bowl. Measure the juice from the orange. It measure 1/2 cup. Pour the 1/2 cup juice over the oats and allow to rest for 10 to 15 minutes to soften.
- Whisk together the oat flour, flour blend, baking powder, xanthum gum and salt. Add to butter mixture and beat just until combined. Stir in the softened oats, orange juice and dried cranberries.
- ?Spoon mixture into prepared liners and bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from pan and allow muffins to cool completely on a wire rack before glazing.
- To make the glaze sift the powdered sugar into a bowl. Add zest and just enough of the orange juice to make a smooth glaze. When the muffins are completely cool glaze lightly and enjoy.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You