Listen up foodies, I have a treat for all the chocolate lovers out there! Today, I present to you my decadent gluten-free and vegan brownies recipe. As a nutritionist and food blogger, I understand the importance of healthy eating but also recognize the need for indulgence. That’s why my brownies recipe is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth without compromising your health-conscious lifestyle.
No more having to avoid the dessert table while socializing with your peers or feeling left out during work celebrations. These brownies are irresistible even for those who aren’t always inclined towards gluten-free or vegan desserts. Trust me; your taste buds will not be disappointed.
A dense fudgy texture with a crinkly top, this recipe is perfect for anyone who loves rich, chocolatey goodness that melts in their mouth. Brownies made with carob chips, coconut milk, and dark cocoa powder make them so irresistible that even non-vegans will want to ditch their classic brownie recipe and opt for this one instead.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your apron and let’s get cooking! Because minimalist baker ain’t got nothing on me when it comes to decadent, rich and guilt-free vegan gluten-free brownies made using quality ingredients that won’t disappoint.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Picture this: warm chocolatey goodness melting in your mouth with every bite. Now, imagine being able to enjoy that without any guilt or discomfort. Yes, you heard it right! This decadent gluten-free vegan brownie recipe is the answer to all your sweet-tooth cravings.
Why will you love this recipe? Well, for one thing, it’s entirely gluten-free and dairy-free, which means people with allergies or intolerances can indulge in its lusciousness without having to worry about upsetting their stomachs. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to prepare, taking just an hour in total.
What I love most about this recipe is how it uses minimal sugar and relies on natural sweeteners like stevia and corn syrup to get that perfect balance of sweetness. It also contains coconut milk instead of regular dairy milk for added creaminess and richness. And let’s not forget the use of carob chips in place of traditional chocolate chips to make these brownies healthier and much kinder to your waistline.
But what makes this recipe truly special is its fudgy texture- just the right consistency between cakey and gooey that will have you savoring every bite. You will immediately notice the rich taste of cocoa powder mixed with the perfect blend of cornstarch, potato flour, glutinous-rice flour, and almond flour for that exquisite crinkly top.
Lastly, this brownie recipe is versatile enough to accommodate variations such as adding walnuts or dairy-free chocolate chips depending on personal preference. So go ahead; make a batch (or two) and watch everyone devour these delicious fudgy gluten-free vegan brownies!
Decadent Gluten-Free Vegan Brownies Ingredients
- 1 cup gluten-free flour blend
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup coconut sugar and 2 tbsp vegan butter (melted) OR ¾ cup dark brown sugar and 2 tbsp vegan butter (melted)
- 1/4th cup pure maple syrup or corn syrup
- 1/4th cup natural sweetener like stevia
- Optional: Sweet add-ins like chocolate chips or carob chips
Fudgy Gluten-Free Vegan Brownies Ingredients
- 3/4th cup almond flour
- 3/4th cup glutinous-rice flour or potato flour
- 3/4th cup coconut sugar and 2 tbsp vegan butter (melted)
- 1/4th-1/2 cups sweet add-ins like chocolate chips or carob chips
Brownies Vegan and Gluten-Free Ingredients 1
- 3 cups gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free flour or a gluten-free flour blend
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp sea salt
Brownies Vegan and Gluten-Free Ingredients 2
- Make Flax Eggs
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 tbsp of water = 2 flax eggs
- Mix this and let it thicken in the freezer for 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar (can reduce to 3/4th cup)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted and cooled (or sub oil)
- Optional: 1/4th -1/2 cups sweet add-ins like chocolate chips or carob chips
Decadent Rich Vegan Brownies Ingredients
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Low-Fat Brownies Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Ingredients
- Includes all-purpose flour, gluten-free flour, rice flour, cornstarch
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder and sea salt
3/4 cups sugar*
- You can use stevia too
No-Bake Brownies Ingredients
- ½ cup raw vegan chocolate
- Brown rice flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Natural sweetener like stevia or agave.
Flourless Brownies Ingredients
These brownies do not use any type of flour in the recipe
- Cocoa powder
The Recipe How-To
Step 1: Preheat Oven and Line Pan
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×8-inch square baking dish, line it with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on opposing sides. The lining will make it easy to remove the brownies once cooked.
Step 2: Prepare Dry Ingredients
In a bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup gluten-free flour blend, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1/4 tsp sea salt until there are no lumps.
Step 3: Combine Wet Ingredients
In a separate bowl, whisk together 1/3 cup coconut milk, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tbsp granulated sugar, and 2 flax eggs (combine 2 tbsp of flaxseed meal with 6 tbsp of water and let it sit for at least five minutes).
Step 4: Mix Wet and Dry Ingredients
Combine the dry and wet ingredients into one mixing bowl. Stir until you get a smooth texture that’s free from any lumps. Add in your optional ingredients like chocolate chips or carob chips.
Step 5: Bake Brownies
Pour the batter into your prepared baking dish. Bake for around 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Depending on whether you like your brownies fudgy or cakey, adjust cooking time accordingly. Keep an eye on the consistency after around 15 minutes of cook time as they can easily over-bake.
Step 6: Let Cool And Slice
Remove from oven and let the pan cool on a wire rack for about thirty minutes before slicing them into portions or removing them from the pan.
Enjoy delicious, decadent gluten-free vegan brownies!
Substitutions and Variations
As a nutritionist and food blogger, I know that sometimes you may not have access to all the ingredients listed or you simply want to switch things up a bit. That’s why I’m here to offer some substitutions and variations for this decadent gluten-free vegan brownie recipe.
Firstly, if you’re not a fan of carob chips, feel free to swap them out for vegan chocolate chips or even chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts. You can also add in some dried fruit like raisins or cranberries for a delicious twist.
If you don’t have stevia on hand, you can use any other type of natural sweetener such as maple syrup or agave nectar. Keep in mind that the texture and sweetness level may change slightly depending on what you opt for.
For those who do not wish to use corn syrup, you can try substituting it with brown rice syrup or honey (if not strictly vegan). Alternatively, you can leave it out entirely and bump up the coconut sugar and dark brown sugar quantities for more sweetness.
While we’ve used a gluten-free flour blend made up of cornstarch, potato flour, glutinous-rice flour and almond flour in this recipe, you can make gluten-free flour at home using your choice of flours such as rice flour or buckwheat flour combined with some arrowroot or tapioca starch. Simply replace the gluten-free flour in this recipe with your homemade blend.
Lastly, if you’re feeling experimental, try adding some spices like cinnamon or ginger to give these fudgy gluten-free vegan brownies an extra kick. Don’t be afraid to make them your own!
Remember that as with any recipe, substitutions and variations may affect the end product’s taste and texture. So be sure to experiment a bit and see what works best for your taste buds.
Serving and Pairing
These decadent gluten-free vegan brownies are perfect for any occasion. Whether it’s an indulgent dessert or a sweet afternoon snack, these fudgy treats will satisfy your cravings. Serve them with a cold glass of almond milk or a warm cup of coffee, and you’re in for a treat.
If you’re looking to take it up a notch, consider topping your brownies with some dairy-free ice cream, fresh fruit, or even pureed avocado for a creamy texture. You could also drizzle some raw vegan chocolate over the top for an extra layer of decadence.
Another great idea is to use these brownies as a base for creative desserts. With their chewy and fudgy texture, they work well as an ingredient rather than just a standalone dessert. Cut them into cubes and layer them with whipped coconut cream and fresh berries for a trifle-inspired dessert. You can also crumble them over the top of coconut yogurt or chia pudding for some added texture.
No matter how you choose to serve these delicious treats, you can rest easy knowing that they are both gluten-free and vegan-friendly. So indulge in the decadent rich flavors without worrying about compromising on your dietary restrictions!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Now that you have mastered the art of making these decadent gluten-free vegan brownies, it’s time to store and reheat them for maximum freshness.
To make these brownies ahead of time, you can store them at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Alternatively, you can refrigerate them for up to 5 days or freeze them for up to 1 month. When freezing, make sure to wrap the brownies tightly in plastic wrap or foil to prevent freezer burn.
When reheating the brownies, you have several options. You can warm the brownies in a microwave for a quick fix or use an oven to give them that freshly-baked texture. To reheat in a microwave, place a single serving of brownie on a microwave-safe plate and heat for about 10-15 seconds. If you want a crispier texture, you may consider broiling them in the oven at 350°F for up to 5 minutes.
It is essential that you store these fudgy vegan brownies carefully as they tend to be tender and can crumble easily if not taken care of properly. For maximum chewiness, consider storing the brownies with a piece of bread or parchment paper inside the container.
These brownies are perfect treats year-round and can be customized based on your preference. Whether enjoyed fresh out of the oven or reheated days after, these gluten-free vegan brownies will always give you that decadent rich chocolate flavor without comprising on taste and texture.
Tips for Perfect Results
To make sure your gluten-free vegan brownies emerge from the oven perfectly every time, here are some tips to keep in mind:
1. Use quality ingredients: Make sure all of your ingredients are fresh and high-quality. This is especially important for ingredients like cocoa powder and vanilla, as they play a key role in the flavor of these brownies.
2. Follow the recipe exactly: When dealing with gluten-free and dairy-free recipes, even small changes can cause big differences in the final product. It’s important to measure out all of your ingredients accurately and follow the instructions carefully.
3. Don’t overmix: Overmixing can cause air pockets to form in the batter, which can affect the texture of your finished brownies. Mix your ingredients just until they’re incorporated.
4. Use parchment paper: Line your baking dish with parchment paper to ensure that your brownies don’t stick to the pan. This will also make clean-up easier and prevent you from losing any precious crumbs.
5. Check the oven temperature: Make sure that your oven is preheated to the correct temperature before baking your brownies. If your oven runs hot or cool, adjust the temperature accordingly.
6. Test for doneness: Brownies are ready when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached. Overbaking can lead to dry, crumbly brownies.
By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to achieving perfect, fudgy gluten-free vegan brownies every time you bake them!
In conclusion, this decadent gluten-free vegan brownies recipe is the perfect treat for anyone who wants to indulge in a rich chocolatey dessert without feeling guilty. With its fudgy texture and crinkly top, these brownies are irresistible and will satisfy even the biggest sweet tooth. Plus, they’re free of gluten, dairy, and eggs, making them suitable for anyone with dietary restrictions or preferences.
Using high-quality ingredients like cocoa powder, carob chips, and pure vanilla extract, these brownies are packed with flavor and are sure to impress your friends and family. And with helpful tips on substitutions and variations included in the recipe, you can customize it to your liking.
Whether you’re a seasoned baker or just starting out, this recipe by Minimalist Baker is easy to follow and produces perfect results every time. So why not give it a try? Whip up a batch of these delicious brownies, sit back, and enjoy a guilt-free treat that’s sure to leave you feeling satisfied.
Decadent Gluten Free Vegan Brownies Recipe
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup sweet rice flour or 1/4 cup glutinous-rice flour
- 1 teaspoon potato flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup carob chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 8" square brownie pan.
- Sift together the flours, starch, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- in a small bowl beat together coconut milk, oil, sugar, corn syrup, stevia and vanilla.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the carob chips.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, chill overnight before cutting.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You