Are you looking for a delicious dessert that’s also gluten-free and dairy-free? Well, look no further than Kristi’s White Chocolate Chip Brownies! These delectable treats will satisfy your sweet tooth without the guilt of unhealthy ingredients.
These brownies are perfect for any situation, whether it be a special occasion, a dessert for one, or even just a mid-day snack. I can’t express enough how much joy these brownies have brought into my life since I discovered Kristi’s recipe.
The best part about these brownies is that they are incredibly easy to make. Even if you’re not the most experienced baker, you can still whip up a batch in no time! All you need are some simple ingredients like sorghum flour, potato starch, xanthan gum, and white chocolate chips.
Trust me, once you try these brownies, you’ll never want to go back to regular brownies again. So, what are you waiting for? Head to your kitchen and try out Kristi’s White Chocolate Chip Brownies now!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Listen up, folks. I’m about to introduce you to a recipe that will revolutionize the way you think about brownies – Kristi’s White Chocolate Chip Brownies (Gluten Free!). Let me tell you why you’ll love this recipe.
First of all, these brownies are gluten-free, which means they’re perfect for anyone with gluten sensitivity or celiac disease. But don’t let that fool you into thinking that they’re not delicious. These brownies are so fudgy and rich that you won’t even know the difference.
And here’s the best part – they’re loaded with white chocolate chips and walnuts. Who doesn’t love a good chocolatey crunch in their brownie? And the walnuts add just the right amount of nutty flavor and texture.
But wait, there’s more. These brownies are made with sorghum flour, potato starch, and xanthan gum, which combine to create the perfect gluten-free flour blend. And trust me, you won’t even miss the wheat flour.
And did I mention that they’re dairy-free too? That’s right – no milk or butter involved. Instead, we use coconut oil to achieve that perfect fudgy texture.
So if you’re looking for a better takeout from those processed gluten-filled brownie mixes, or if you just want a healthier version of your favorite treat, Kristi’s White Chocolate Chip Brownies (Gluten Free!) are the answer. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you.
Here are the ingredients you will need for Kristi’s White Chocolate Chip Brownies:
- 1 cup of sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup of potato starch
- 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 8 oz (or about 1 1/4 cups) of white chocolate chips
- 4 oz (or about 1/2 cup) of chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup of milk (you can use any milk, including non-dairy alternatives)
- 4 oz (or about 1/2 cup) of unsalted butter, melted
Note: If you are looking to make a dairy-free or vegan version, substitute the butter for coconut oil and use a non-dairy milk. For egg-free options, consider using flax eggs, applesauce, or yogurt. You can also add in some mix-ins like sweet potato or date puree for extra flavor and nutrition.
The Recipe How-To
Now that we have an idea about the ingredients for these gluten-free white chocolate chip brownies, it’s time for the fun part – making them! Don your aprons and let’s get started.
Step 1: Preheat and Prep
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Then, grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with some butter or coconut oil. You can also line it with parchment paper if you prefer.
Step 2: Mix Dry Ingredients
In a large bowl, whisk together 2 cups of sorghum flour, 1 cup of potato starch, ¾ cup of cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of xanthan gum, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1 teaspoon of salt until all these dry ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Step 3: Mix Wet Ingredients
In another bowl, cream together 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened and 2 cups granulated sugar. Then, add in 4 eggs and beat well. Finally, stir in 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract until it is completely incorporated.
Step 4: Combine Dry and Wet Ingredients
Now comes the exciting part! Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, mixing well until everything is perfectly combined. The mixture should be nice and thick at this point.
Step 5: Add White Chocolate Chips and Walnuts
Gently fold in a hefty amount of white chocolate chips into the batter . Next, add in any mix-ins you want like walnuts or raisins . I love adding some toasted walnuts for extra crunch!
Step 6: Baking
Once you have added your mix-ins, evenly spread the batter out into your prepared baking dish. Make sure it’s spread evenly throughout! Pop the brownies into preheated oven and bake them for around 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Step 7: Cooling
Once the brownies are baked, take them out of the oven and let them cool for a bit. If you try to cut into them too early, they will crumble apart!
There you have it, folks – an easy one-bowl gluten-free white chocolate chip brownie recipe that is perfect when indulgence is what you crave. Don’t forget to share your creations and let me know how much your guests adore these tasty squares!
Substitutions and Variations
Are you looking to switch up your Kristi’s White Chocolate Chip Brownies recipe? Here are some substitutions and variations that you might like to try:
– Mix-Ins: Add in some chopped walnuts or milk chocolate chips to the recipe for a little more texture and flavor. There are endless possibilities when it comes to mix-ins, so feel free to get creative and add in anything that sounds good to you.
– Dairy-Free: If you’re looking for a dairy-free option, substitute the unsalted butter with coconut oil or vegan butter. You can also use dairy-free white chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips instead of regular white chocolate chips.
– Egg-Free: To make this recipe egg-free, substitute each egg with 1 tablespoon of potato starch mixed with 2 tablespoons of water. You can also use unsweetened applesauce or mashed sweet potato as an egg-replacement.
– Flour Substitutes: If you’re looking for a grain-free version, replace the sorghum flour and potato starch with 2 cups of almond flour or coconut flour. For a flourless brownie option, you could also replace the flour with cocoa powder.
– Sweeteners: If you want to cut back on granulated sugar, try using a half cup of brown sugar instead. You could also use honey or maple syrup as a sweetener substitute.
So there you have it, plenty of substitution and variation ideas to switch up your Kristi’s White Chocolate Chip Brownies recipe! Don’t be afraid to experiment and find what works best for you.
Serving and Pairing
After patiently waiting for your white chocolate chip brownies to cool, it’s finally time to indulge in this heavenly treat! These brownies have a soft and chewy texture with the perfect balance of sweetness and richness from the white chocolate chips.
These brownies can be served warm or cold depending on your preference, but personally, I love them warm just out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. It’s the epitome of comfort food!
For those who are lactose intolerant, you can pair these brownies with almond milk or coconut milk for a creamy and refreshing pairing that complements the richness of the white chocolate. If you’re feeling indulgent, you can even sprinkle some chopped walnuts over the top for added texture.
If you want to take this dessert up a notch, add a drizzle of caramel sauce over each brownie or dust powdered sugar on top for an elegant touch. You can even use these brownies as a base for a decadent sundae by scooping ice cream onto them and adding whipped cream and chocolate sauce.
Whether you’re serving these at a dinner party or enjoying them alone, Kristi’s gluten-free white chocolate chip brownies are sure to please every palate. Serve them with your favorite hot beverage or cold glass of milk and enjoy every last bite!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
One of the best things about these gluten-free white chocolate chip brownies is that you can make them ahead of time and store them for future enjoyment. These brownies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
If you’re planning on making these ahead of time, it’s important to ensure that they are fully cooled before storing them to avoid any excess moisture buildup, which could result in a mushy texture.
For longer storage, you can freeze these brownies for up to two months. Be sure to wrap them tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn. These brownies thaw quickly, and you can reheat them by placing them in a preheated oven at 350°F for 5-10 minutes.
If you want to enjoy these brownies straight out of the oven, but don’t want to eat the whole pan at once, try reheating individual slices in the microwave for 10-15 seconds or until warm.
Remember, gluten-free baked goods tend to dry out more quickly than their conventional counterparts, so it’s important not to overheat during reheating.
With these storage and reheating tips, you can enjoy these delicious Kristi’s gluten-free white chocolate chip brownies anytime!
Tips for Perfect Results
Now that you have all the ingredients and steps required to make Kristi’s White Chocolate Chip Brownies, let me share with you some tips for perfect results. These tips will help you avoid common mistakes and ensure that your brownies turn out exactly as you want them to.
1. Use High-Quality Ingredients: The quality of the ingredients plays a vital role in determining the taste and texture of your brownies. Always use fresh, high-quality ingredients like organic milk, unsalted butter, and good quality white chocolate chips.
2. Measure Accurately: Baking is a science, and accuracy is critical. Make sure to measure all the ingredients accurately using measuring cups or spoons.
3. Don’t Overmix: Overmixing the batter can result in tough brownies. Mix the ingredients until just combined to achieve perfect fudgy brownies.
4. Grease Your Baking Pan: It’s essential to grease your baking pan with butter or cooking spray before adding the brownie batter. This will help you remove the brownies quickly and easily from the pan without sticking.
5. Check For Doneness: Every oven is different, so always check your brownies a few minutes before the recommended baking time is up. Insert a toothpick into the center of the pan, and if it comes out clean, your brownies are ready.
6. Let Them Cool Completely: Allow your brownies to cool completely in the pan before cutting them into slices. Cutting them while they’re still hot can result in messy pieces that fall apart.
7. Experiment With Mix-Ins: Kristi’s white chocolate chip brownie recipe is versatile and can handle various mix-ins like walnuts or dairy-free options like almond flour or coconut oil.
Remember, practice makes perfect! Don’t be discouraged if your first batch isn’t perfect; simply follow these tips, and you’ll get there eventually!
In conclusion, Kristi’s White Chocolate Chip Brownies recipe is a must-try for anyone looking to indulge in a delicious, healthy treat. With its gluten-free and dairy-free ingredients, you can enjoy the flavors without any guilt. Not only are the white chocolate chips and walnuts a perfect complement to the fudgy brownies, but this recipe also provides an abundance of mix-in options. The possibilities are endless with this recipe – you could try adding sweet potato or coconut oil for additional earthy flavors.
Moreover, following these instructions will guarantee your success in baking healthier brownies that satisfy your cravings. Make sure you allow enough time for cooling and reheating the brownies properly so that you can relish their delectable taste depth. Trust me; one bite will take you to heaven-like feelings.
So, what could be better than having warm white chocolate chip brownies after a hectic day? As nostalgic as chocolates can be, this recipe is perfect for unwinding with your loved ones with a good movie or book. If you’re short on ingredients or have dietary restrictions, refer to the substitutions and variations section to accommodate your needs without compromising on taste! Therefore, I would highly recommend this recipe to anyone seeking happiness and satisfaction within their dietary limits.
Kristi’s White Chocolate Chip Brownies (Gluten Free!) Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup dutch process cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 3/8 cup potato starch
- 3/8 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup milk (moo, almond, soy, whatever)
- 1 cup walnuts (or pecans or macadamias,etc)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugar together in the bowl of your stand mixer. (You will need a stand mixer for this unless you are super strong).
- Add eggs, cocoa, vanilla, baking powder and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add xanthan gum, all flours and starches and mix until combined. Add milk and mix until integrated.
- Last, once the batter is all together (it will be VERY sticky and somewhat stiff), add nuts and choc chips. Stir on low until integrated.
- Grease a 13x9 glass baking dish. Scoop batter out with a silicone spatula (you'll be thankful you did) and do the best you can to work it into the corners and make it sort of level. The levener will do the rest if you get it close.
- Bake at 350 F for 45-75 minutes. At 45, pull and check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center. If it pulls out clean, it's completely done (I like mine a little raw, so I pull at 45 minutes). Allow to rest for at least 20 minutes before cutting.
- Be sure to Zmail if you have questions. :).
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You