Are you tired of sacrificing taste and variety for a gluten-free or vegan lifestyle? Fear not, for I have the solution to your breakfast woes: Easy Gluten-Free, Vegan Waffles. This recipe is packed with flavor and the perfect texture that you would expect from waffles.
With this recipe, you can indulge in a delicious breakfast without compromising your health goals. These waffles are not only vegan but also gluten-free and dairy-free. They are perfect for anyone with specific dietary preferences or restrictions.
Plus, preparing these waffles is a breeze! With easy-to-find ingredients and simple steps, you can whip up a batch of these waffles in no time. No longer will you need to settle for standard plain gluten-free products when you’ve got a recipe like this one in your back pocket.
So whether you’re hosting a brunch, searching for the perfect weekend breakfast, or simply craving something sweet, make sure to try out this simple and scrumptious recipe.
Get ready to awaken your taste buds with these incredible Easy Gluten-Free, Vegan Waffles that will leave you feeling energized and ready to take on the day!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Attention foodies and healthy eaters! I’ve got a recipe that will tickle your taste buds and nourish your body at the same time. My easy gluten-free, vegan waffles recipe is a game-changer for breakfast enthusiasts who are looking to indulge in a delicious treat without compromising on their health.
First of all, let’s talk about the texture. These waffles are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, leaving you with no doubt that they are straight from heaven. But what really sets this recipe apart is its ingredients – or rather, lack of certain ingredients.
As we know, many processed foods tend to contain gluten, dairy products or other unhealthy additives that can wreak havoc on our digestive systems. That’s why these vegan gluten-free waffles are the perfect alternative for those who want to avoid any potential digestive issues.
Moreover, this recipe calls for wholesome ingredients that you can easily find in your kitchen pantry, like oat flour, apple cider vinegar, and almond milk. And let’s not forget about the applesauce – it not only adds natural sweetness but also binds the batter together without needing an egg.
In addition to being dairy-free and egg-free, these waffles are also lower in sugar compared to traditional waffle recipes. With only 2 tablespoons of sugar and maple syrup as optional toppings, you don’t have to worry about a sugar crash after your morning meal.
So whether you’re following a vegan or gluten-free diet or just looking for something new to try for breakfast, this easy gluten-free vegan waffle recipe ticks all the boxes. Trust me; once you taste them, you won’t go back to regular waffles ever again.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make these delicious gluten-free, vegan waffles:
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups dairy-free milk (such as almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Note: If you don’t have a gluten-free flour blend, you can use a mix of rice flour, oat flour, and almond flour in a ratio of 2 cups rice flour, 3 tablespoons oat flour, and 3 tablespoons almond flour.
The Recipe How-To
Now, the most exciting part of this article – let’s get cooking! For this easy and delicious gluten-free vegan waffles recipe, you’ll need to follow these simple steps:
- 2 cups of gluten-free flour blend
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups of dairy-free milk (almond milk or coconut milk)
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil or melted vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Preheat your waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour blend, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt, and ground cinnamon (if using).
In a separate bowl or a measuring cup, mix together the almond (or coconut) milk and apple cider vinegar. Add in the unsweetened applesauce, melted coconut oil (or vegan butter), and vanilla extract. Whisk gently to combine.
Pour the wet ingredients into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until smooth and well combined.
Grease your preheated waffle iron with cooking spray or a brush of coconut oil inside each square.
Drop batter on the waffle iron in batches, making sure not to overfill them. Close the lid and cook for about 5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
Repeat with remaining batter until you have used it all up.
Note: If you’re making this recipe ahead of time or you want to make extra for leftovers, you can preheat your oven to 200°F (93°C) and place the finished waffles on a baking sheet to keep them warm while you finish cooking the rest.
This recipe is vegan as written, but if you prefer to add eggs, feel free to swap the unsweetened applesauce for 2 large eggs.
Now that you know how easy it is to make these best vegan gluten-free waffles, it’s time to gather your ingredients and get cooking!
Substitutions and Variations
Are you looking for some ways to change up this easy gluten-free, vegan waffle recipe? Well, look no further! Here are some substitutions and variations that you can try out:
1. Flour blend: You can substitute the gluten-free flour blend in this recipe with any other gluten-free flour blend of your choice. You can experiment with different combinations of flours like almond flour, rice flour or oat flour.
2. Milk: The recipe calls for almond milk, but you can use any other dairy-free milk alternative such as soy milk, coconut milk or oat milk.
3. Sweeteners: If you want to switch it up a bit, you can experiment with different sweeteners like maple syrup, honey or agave nectar instead of granulated sugar.
4. Applesauce: This recipe calls for applesauce as an egg replacer; however, you can substitute it with mashed bananas or pumpkin puree.
5. Add-ins: To make these waffles more exciting, add in some extras such as blueberries, chocolate chips, chopped nuts or cinnamon.
6. Vegan option ingredients: If you want to make these waffles without using vegan options like almond or coconut oil, you can replace them with regular butter or vegetable oil.
7. Gluten-Free option ingredients: If a gluten-free mix is not available, rice flour can be substituted.
Remember that experimenting with substitution and variation may require adjusting some of the other ingredients like baking powder and liquid measurements for the recipe to work correctly. Be sure to take notes on what works best for your taste preferences and dietary restrictions.
Serving and Pairing
When it comes to serving and pairing these easy gluten-free vegan waffles, there are a plethora of delicious options. My personal favorite is topping them off with fresh fruits such as berries, bananas or even sliced apples. The natural sweetness of the fruits will complement the waffles perfectly, and they will also add a burst of color to your plate.
If you are in the mood for something more indulgent, drizzle some maple syrup over the waffles for a classic breakfast treat. You can also melt some vegan chocolate chips and pour them over the waffles for a decadent dessert-style breakfast. Sprinkling some chopped nuts such as almonds, pecans or walnuts would add some extra crunch and elevate the flavors even further.
If you are looking to add some protein to your meal then try adding some vegan yogurt or peanut butter on top of these delicious waffles. The creaminess of the yogurt adds an extra layer of texture to every bite while the nutty peanut butter pairs well with the crispy edges.
Finally, I highly recommend pairing these gluten-free vegan waffles with a hot cup of coffee or tea for a soothing start to your day. A glass of almond milk or soy milk will also complement their flavors nicely.
With so many pairing options, these easy gluten-free vegan waffles are versatile enough to be enjoyed at any time of day!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
After preparing a batch of these delicious gluten-free, vegan waffles using my easy recipe, you may find yourself with leftovers. Don’t fret, these waffles are perfect for meal prep and can be reheated for an easy breakfast the next day.
To make-ahead, simply store the cooked waffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days or in the freezer for up to two months. When ready to serve, reheat them in the toaster or oven until warm and crispy.
For an extra special treat, you can also add some toppings to your reheated waffles such as fresh fruit, coconut whipped cream or nut butter. They are also great with a drizzle of maple syrup on top.
When storing your batter, keep it covered in the refrigerator and use within three days. The batter can settle while sitting in the fridge, so give it a good stir before using.
These waffles taste just as delicious reheated as they do fresh off the waffle iron. With this easy recipe and make-ahead tips, you can have a quick and satisfying breakfast any time of the week.
Tips for Perfect Results
If you’re new to baking gluten-free and vegan waffles, it can be tricky to get the perfect texture and taste. Here are some tips to help you achieve perfect gluten-free and vegan waffles every time.
1. Don’t Overmix the Batter
Overmixing the batter can result in a dense and tough waffle, instead of light and fluffy. Mix the ingredients until just combined, and don’t worry if there are small lumps in your batter.
2. Let the Batter Rest
Letting your batter rest for at least 10 minutes before cooking will allow the ingredients to bond together and create a smooth texture.
3. Adjust Cooking Temperature
Different waffle makers have different temperature settings, so it’s important to adjust accordingly. Start with a lower temperature setting and work your way up until you find the right setting for your waffles.
4. Use Non-Stick Spray
Be sure to use non-stick spray on your waffle maker or brush with oil to prevent sticking.
5. Measure Your Ingredients Carefully
Using precise measurements is important for achieving consistent results. Use measuring cups and spoons to ensure accurate amounts of ingredients.
6. Keep Your Waffles Warm
Keep your finished waffles warm in a low-temperature oven (200 degrees Fahrenheit) while you cook the remaining batter.
Remember, practice makes perfect when it comes to making gluten-free and vegan waffles. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different recipes and ingredients until you find your perfect waffle.
In conclusion, these easy gluten-free, vegan waffles are perfect for anyone who wants to indulge in a delicious breakfast without sacrificing their health or ethical beliefs. With only a handful of simple ingredients, you can whip up a batch of waffles that are free from gluten, dairy, and eggs. They’re also versatile, allowing for endless variations and substitutions based on personal preferences.
Not only are these waffles quick and easy to make, but they’re also packed with nutrients that will keep you energized throughout the day. And best of all, they’re completely guilt-free – so go ahead and indulge to your heart’s content.
So what are you waiting for? Dive into the world of gluten-free, vegan waffles and experience the joy of healthy, wholesome eating. With this recipe, you’ll be able to create mouth-watering waffles that your entire family will love. Trust us – once you try these vegan waffles, you’ll never look back!
Easy Gluten Free, Vegan Waffles Recipe
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (this is easy to use with Whole Wheat Flour as an option as well)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups hemp milk (almond, soy, rice, breast, or any other dairy free milk are options)
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup Smart Balance light butter spread
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (maple extract would be good as well to give the syrup flavor if you don't add syrup)
- 1. Preheat waffle iron to desired temperature.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; set aside.
- 3. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture, add applesauce; beat until blended.
- 4. Ladle the batter into a preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Serve immediately.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You