Are you tired of sacrificing taste for health when it comes to desserts? Well, I have a recipe that will make your taste buds dance with joy while also keeping your health in mind. Introducing, the fudgy and mouth-watering gluten-free brownies!
As a nutritionist and food blogger, I am always trying to come up with recipes that are not only delicious but healthy too. These gluten-free brownies have been my go-to for quite some time now, and my clients simply cannot get enough of them.
Made with simple ingredients like potato starch, unsweetened cocoa powder, and almond flour, these brownies are perfect for people who are gluten-free, dairy-free or even keto-friendly. Plus, they’re incredibly easy to make and require only a few minutes of your time.
So If you’re ready to indulge in something sweet without the guilt, let’s get started on this fudgy delight!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Hello foodies! Get ready to indulge in the most delectable gluten-free brownies that will make your taste buds dance with joy. These fudgy gluten-free brownies are perfect for everyone, whether you have celiac disease or want to avoid gluten in your diet.
What makes this recipe stand out from others is the use of potato starch and gluten-free flour blend. With these ingredients, you will get a thick, fudgy and chewy texture that is characteristic of the best brownies.
But wait! That’s not all. Our recipe also includes dairy-free options so that vegans and lactose-intolerant individuals can enjoy it too. You can replace the butter with coconut oil or margarine, and use dairy-free chocolate chips to keep this recipe vegan-friendly.
The recipe has just the right amount of sweetness with a combination of granulated sugar and brown sugar that results in a heavenly taste. Plus, with only a few pantry staples, you will end up with rich and decadent brownies that will leave you craving for more.
These brownies are perfect for serving at your next party or enjoying as a special treat after dinner. They’re so easy to make, even if you’re not an experienced baker, so you can quickly whip them up when you’re in the mood for something sweet.
Trust me; these brownies are so irresistible that they will become your go-to recipe for making delicious treats. Once you try them, you’ll see why everyone loves them!
Let’s take a closer look at the brownie ingredients you’ll need to make these rich and fudgy gluten-free brownies. Don’t worry, you won’t need any fancy or hard-to-find items for this recipe. Just simple, wholesome ingredients that you most likely have in your pantry right now.
Gluten-Free Flour Blend
First off, we need to create our flour blend. I recommend using a store-bought gluten-free flour blend such as Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 gluten-free baking flour or King Arthur Flour Measure for Measure gluten-free flour blend. If you prefer to make your own, a good blend consists of 1 cup of white rice flour, 1 cup of potato starch, and 1/2 cup of tapioca starch.
Of course, we can’t forget about the star ingredient: chocolate! For this recipe, we’ll be using a combination of dark chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate chips. You can use any brand you like. Just make sure they’re labeled as gluten-free if you have celiac disease or a severe gluten intolerance.
To amp up the chocolate flavor in these brownies, we’ll also be using some unsweetened cocoa powder. Again, any brand will work here as long as it’s labeled as gluten-free.
We’ll be using both granulated sugar and brown sugar in this recipe. The brown sugar adds moisture and extra depth of flavor to the brownies.
To keep these brownies dairy-free, you can substitute the butter with coconut oil or vegan butter. If you’re not dairy intolerant, feel free to use regular unsalted butter.
Eggs are an essential ingredient in any brownie recipe. We’ll be using large eggs at room temperature for this recipe.
To round out our ingredient list, you’ll also need a bit of salt, baking powder, and vanilla extract.
With all these simple ingredients on hand, you’re ready to rock and roll!
The Recipe How-To
Now, it’s time to get into the nitty-gritty of actually making these scrumptious gluten-free brownies. Fear not, my dear readers, as this recipe is as easy as it gets.
So, let’s preheat our ovens and get started.
First things first, let’s go over the ingredients one more time:
- 1 cup gluten-free flour blend
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Step by Step Instructions
Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper or grease with coconut oil.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
In a large bowl, mix together the sugar and melted butter until well combined.
Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
Add in the vanilla extract and mix until combined.
Gradually mix in the dry flour mixture until fully incorporated.
Fold in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for approximately 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the pan comes out clean (the top will be slightly cracked).
Remove from oven and let cool in pan for about ten minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Once cooled, cut into desired sizes and serve.
Voila! You have just made a batch of thick, fudgy, delicious gluten-free brownies that will surely win over the hearts of your family and friends.
Substitutions and Variations
One of the great things about this gluten-free brownie recipe is how versatile it is when it comes to ingredient substitutions and variations. This makes it a perfect choice for those with varying dietary preferences or restrictions. Here are some options to consider:
– Gluten-Free Flour: While this recipe calls for a specific gluten-free flour blend, you can experiment with other gluten-free flour blends as well. Almond flour, rice flour, or a mix of coconut and tapioca flour can all work well. Keep in mind that different gluten-free flours may produce slightly different textures.
– Sugar: Both granulated and brown sugar are used in this recipe, but you can swap out either one for a sugar substitute if desired. Honey, maple syrup, or coconut sugar can be great substitutes if you’re looking for a healthier alternative.
– Dairy-Free: If you’re dairy-free, simply swap out the unsalted butter for coconut oil or another dairy-free option. You can also use dairy-free chocolate chips, such as those made with vegan chocolate.
– Keto-Friendly: To make this recipe keto-friendly, you’ll need to use a sugar substitute instead of granulated and brown sugar. You can try using powdered erythritol or stevia instead.
– Vegan: For vegan brownies, swap out the eggs for a flaxseed or chia seed egg substitute. You can also use almond flour instead of the gluten-free flour blend.
– Sugar-Free: Those looking for sugar-free options can use cocoa powder as a natural sweetener. Replace sugar entirely with unsweetened cocoa powder and add stevia or another low-calorie sweetener to achieve desired sweetness.
By playing around with these ingredient substitutions and variations, you can create your own unique twist on this delicious fudgy gluten-free brownie recipe that meets your dietary needs and preferences without compromising on flavor!
Serving and Pairing
These fudgy gluten-free brownies are perfect for satisfying any chocolate craving. They have a rich and indulgent flavor that pairs well with coffee or tea, making them the ultimate dessert choice for any time of day. If you’re feeling extra decadent, try topping your brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, fresh berries, or whipped cream.
For those who are on a low carb or keto diet, you can pair these brownies with some whipped cream or sugar-free ice cream to keep carbs and sugar intake in check. In contrast, vegan brownies can be paired with dairy-free ice cream or drizzled with vegan chocolate sauce.
Additionally, you can also add other ingredients to these brownies such as nuts and dried fruits for an added crunch. Alternatively, you can use these brownies as a base for different desserts such as brownie sundaes, trifles, or even a brownie cheesecake.
When serving these delicious gluten-free brownies to your friends and family members, don’t forget to decorate them with some cocoa powder or chopped nuts to add a nice finish touch. Make sure you have plenty on hand because once people taste them; they’ll be asking for seconds in no time!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
One of the best things about these gluten-free brownies is that they are perfect for making ahead of time. Whether you have a busy week ahead or just want to have them on hand, these brownies store beautifully.
To make ahead of time, simply follow the recipe as directed and let the brownies cool completely. Once cooled, wrap the brownies tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store them in an airtight container. They will keep well at room temperature for up to three days or in the refrigerator for up to five days.
If you want to store the brownies for longer, they can be frozen. Simply wrap each individual brownie in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer-safe container or freezer bag. They will keep well in the freezer for up to three months.
When it’s time to enjoy your brownies, you might be wondering how to reheat them without losing their fudgy texture. The good news is that reheating them is incredibly easy!
One way to reheat your gluten-free brownies is by using your microwave. Simply place one or two brownies on a microwave-safe plate and heat them for 10-15 seconds until they are warm.
Another option is to reheat them in the oven. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and place the brownies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the brownies for about 5 minutes until they are warm.
Whether you’re enjoying these delicious gluten-free brownies straight out of the oven or reheating them later, they will surely impress with their thick fudgy texture and rich chocolate flavor.
Tips for Perfect Results
Now that you have all the ingredients for these delicious brownies and a recipe to follow, here are some expert tips to ensure that your gluten-free, fudgy brownies come out perfectly every time.
1. Use High-Quality Ingredients: When it comes to baking, the quality of your ingredients determines the quality of your final product. So always opt for high-quality cocoa powder, chocolate chips, eggs, and sugar.
2. Measure Your Ingredients Accurately: Baking is essentially a science, so it’s important to measure your ingredients accurately. You can use a kitchen scale or measuring cups and spoons to ensure you get the right amounts.
3. Bring Eggs to Room Temperature: It’s crucial to bring your eggs to room temperature before adding them to the batter. This allows the eggs to mix better with other ingredients and ensures that they yield a more tender result.
4. Mix Batter Carefully but Thoroughly: Overmixing can cause gluten-free brownie batter to become tough and dry. Therefore, gently folding in ingredients using a spatula until just combined is important.
5. Check Your Oven Temperature: One of the most common mistakes in baking is not knowing if an oven runs hot or cold so, Invest in an inexpensive oven thermometer and make sure that it has reached its exact temperature before putting brownie batter in the oven.
6. Don’t Overbake Your Brownies: Gluten free brownies usually take less time than regular brownies so don’t overbake them as gluten-free baked goods can be dry if overcooked. Bake until just set and you’ll end up with rich, fudgy brownies.
7. Allow Brownies to Cool Down Before Slicing: I know this one’s tough since fresh brownies smell amazing! However cutting warm brownie can lead to an unpleasant crumbling mess- cool the brownies completely in the baking dish over a wire rack then lift the brownies onto a cutting board
Implementing these tips will ensure your brownies are perfect every time! Now cook up a batch and enjoy the sweet goodness.
Now that you have the recipe and know all the tips for perfect results, let’s answer some frequently asked questions about these deliciously fudgy gluten-free brownies. It’s always helpful to clear up any doubts before and during the cooking process, so you can bake with confidence and enjoy the sweet treat without any setbacks. So, get ready to learn more about substitutions, variations, ingredient swaps and more!
What flour can I use instead of gluten free brownies?
For perfectly moist and delicious brownies, almond flour is an essential ingredient that cannot be substituted with almond meal, coconut flour, or any other gluten-free flour. Using coconut flour without tweaking other ingredients may lead to dry and crumbly brownies.
Are Betty Crocker brownies gluten free?
Are you looking for a quick and easy way to bake delicious chocolate brownies at home? Look no further than the Betty Crocker Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie Mix! With simple instructions and only a few minutes of prep time, you can enjoy the irresistible taste of homemade brownies straight from the oven.
Are brownies high in gluten?
Most brownies are made using flour, which contains gluten, making them unsuitable for individuals who cannot consume gluten. Luckily, many brands have created gluten-free brownie mixes, including Betty Crocker, King Arthur, Namaste Foods, and Bob’s Red Mill.
Are Duncan Hines brownies gluten free?
Experience the richness and decadence of our classic Chewy Fudge Brownies, now made keto-friendly, ensuring you indulge in the goodness of thick and fudgy brownies with only 3g* net carbs per serving. Richly flavored without any added sugar, they are also gluten-free, allowing you to satisfy your sweet cravings without any guilt or gluten allergies. Choose from our 10 oz. pack sizes and bake up a batch of heavenly treats now!
In conclusion, these gluten-free brownies are the perfect treat for anyone looking for a healthier and delicious dessert option. With easy-to-find ingredients and simple steps, this recipe is perfect for even the most beginner cooks. I believe that these brownies will exceed your expectations in taste and texture, without sacrificing any flavor or fudginess.
Whether you’re gluten-free or not, these brownies are sure to be a crowd-pleaser. With the substitutions and variations provided, you can easily adapt this recipe to fit your dietary preferences without compromising on taste.
So go ahead and give this recipe a try – I promise you won’t be disappointed. These sweet, fudgy treats are perfect for any occasion, and are sure to satisfy your cravings. You won’t regret taking the time to create something so delicious, and your friends and family will thank you too!
Brownies - Gluten Free Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- Beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add the oil, then the cocoa and potato starch. Blend together. Stir in the chopped nuts.
- Pour into a lightly greased 9-inch square pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Cut into squares.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You