Hark! All those who crave for a decadent yet healthy chocolate dessert, I bring thee the most perfect recipe of Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Chocolate Pudding. A royal treat that’s a feast for both the eyes and taste buds; me thinks you shall love it as much as I do.
This recipe is free from all things that can cause culinary distress like gluten, dairy, and other free ingredients. Fear not, for I have developed this pudding recipe with all the necessary ingredients that will make this velvety choco delight unbelievably satisfying to your health.
As a nutritionist cum food blogger, my ultimate aim is to provide you with instructions, tips, and recommendations on how you can process and cook healthy organic gluten-free and dairy-free recipes. And this delicacy is one such savored sweetness that’ll leave you wanting more.
So without ado, let’s travel the journey of gluten-free and dairy-free chocolate pudding that satiates your cravings in no time.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
My dear reader, let me tell you why you’ll fall head over heels in love with this gluten-free and dairy-free chocolate pudding recipe.
First of all, this is not like any ordinary chocolate pudding recipe. This recipe uses free ingredients, such as gluten-free cocoa powder and almond milk, that make it perfect for individuals who have dietary restrictions. It’s a healthy chocolate dessert option that won’t leave you feeling guilty.
Secondly, this recipe is an absolute treat for your taste buds. The combination of unsweetened cocoa powder and dairy-free chocolate makes for a rich and decadent dairy-free chocolate pudding that every chocoholic will adore. The smooth texture will melt in your mouth, creating a magical experience that will make all your senses come alive.
Furthermore, this delicious recipe is incredibly easy to follow! With just a few simple steps, you can whip up a batch of the best chocolate pudding you’ve ever had in no time. You’ll be able to satisfy your craving for something sweet without having to go through the hassle of making an elaborate dessert.
Lastly, this gluten-free and dairy-free recipe is versatile! You can use it as a base for other desserts such as pudding cake or dirt cups. You can also switch things up by using different non-dairy milk substitutes like oat or coconut milk to create variations of the recipe that suits your taste.
So, what are you waiting for? Try this vegan chocolate pudding recipe that’s free from gluten and dairy to awaken your sense and indulge in a guilt-free dessert. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you!
Here are the gluten free,dairy free chocolate pudding recipe ingredients you’ll need to have on hand:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups non-dairy milk (almond, oat or coconut)
- 5 ounces dairy-free chocolate
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons of milk (to make a slurry)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Note: if you’re not strictly dairy-free, then regular milk will work fine. You can also use white chocolate chips or unsweetened baking chocolate in place of the dairy-free chocolate.
That’s it for the ingredients list! It’s short, sweet and straightforward.
The Recipe How-To
Now that you have prepared all the ingredients, let’s dive into the real deal. This gluten-free and dairy-free chocolate pudding recipe is quick and easy to make. It is decadent, creamy, and so satisfying that even non-vegans will love it.
Step 1: Mixing the Dry Ingredients
Mix cornstarch, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a dry bowl until they are fully combined. Make sure there are no lumps present in the mixture.
Step 2: Preparing Wet Ingredients
Take a separate pot and mix together dairy-free milk with unsweetened cocoa powder. Add brown sugar to this mixture and stir well.
Step 3: Combining Dry and Wet Mixtures
Slowly pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture while stirring continuously to prevent any lumps from forming. Keep whisking till everything has blended well.
Step 4: Cooking on Stovetop
Put the pot on the stove over medium heat, bring the mixture to boil, stirring occasionally. Let it cook for around 2-3 minutes, until it thickens up.
Step 5: Adding Flavors
Remove from heat and add in some vanilla extract for extra flavor. Give it another stir to blend well.
Step 6: Setting Aside in a Bowl
Pour the pudding mixture into individual bowls or set them in one big bowl, as per your preference. It’s best to let it chill in the fridge for about an hour or two before serving.
Congratulations! You have now made a delicious dairy-free and gluten-free chocolate pudding recipe that will surely leave everyone asking for more!
But wait! Before you go, let me give you some tips for perfect results with this recipe.
Substitutions and Variations
Lo and behold, ye who doth not fancy a particular ingredient! Fear not, for this pudding recipe can be tailored to suit thy taste buds. Here are some substitution and variation suggestions:
– Milk: The recipe requires almond milk, but thou canst use any non-dairy milk such as oat milk, soy milk or coconut milk. For a creamier texture, use full-fat coconut milk.
– Sugar: Thou mayest opt for granulated sugar instead of brown sugar. If thou prefer sugar-free desserts, we recommend using monk fruit sweetener or stevia.
– Cornstarch: If thou dost not have cornstarch on hand, tapioca starch or potato starch are fine substitutes.
– Cocoa Powder: Unsweetened cocoa powder is the star ingredient of this pudding recipe. However, if thou prefer a milder chocolate flavor, use Dutch processed cocoa powder instead.
– Vanilla Extract: The recipe calls for one teaspoon of vanilla extract, however, feel free to double it up for a more intense vanilla flavor.
– Gluten-Free: For gluten-free pudding recipes, be sure to purchase certified gluten-free ingredients. Oat gluten can be an issue for some people so please check with your guests beforehand.
– Additional toppings: To take this pudding to the next level, add toppings such as whipped coconut cream and fresh berries. Additionally, serve it with pudding cups or layer it with cake for a delicious twist.
Whether ye are vegan, paleo or simply looking for healthy dessert recipes – this gluten-free/dairy-free chocolate pudding recipe will surely satiate thy sweet tooth without any compromise on taste.
Serving and Pairing
Hark! The pudding is ready to be served! This gluten-free and dairy-free chocolate pudding will surely satisfy your sweet tooth. You can serve it in various ways, depending on your mood and style. You can ladle the warm pudding into small cups and top it with whipped coconut cream and some shaved vegan chocolate. It will be a great idea to add some fresh berries, such as raspberries or strawberries; they will add color and a delightful tart flavor that complements the richness of the chocolate pudding.
If you want to take it up a notch, you can layer the chocolate pudding in between slices of homemade gluten-free pound cake, which have been brushed with some coffee syrup or even bourbon, then top it off with fresh berries for an extravagant dessert. Another adventurous pairing of the rich chocolatey flavors is sticky toffee pudding, which is full of warmth and caramel notes that contrast beautifully with the deep chocolaty flavors of this pudding.
For a fun twist on presentation, you could prepare mini chocolate dirt cups by dividing the chocolate pudding into small plastic cups, topping it with crumbled gluten-free cookies resembling soil and added gummy worms for decoration.
Pairing this creamy dessert with a cup of hot tea would make dessert-time much more enjoyable. The herbal infusion will help balance out the sweetness and cleanse your palate after each spoonful.
This decadent dairy-free chocolate pudding is perfect for people who have a sweet tooth but are unable to consume gluten or dairy milk products. Whether you serve it as an afternoon pick-me-up or an after-dinner indulgence, everyone will love its rich flavor and velvety texture.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Ah! When thou hast made this blessed gluten-free and dairy-free chocolate pudding, it shall be as divine as a gift for the future. But fear not, for I have the details on how to store it, and even revive it when time demands a sweet escape!
To store this healthy chocolate pudding, simply refrigerate it in an airtight container or cover it with plastic wrap. It can stay fresh for up to four days. Thou cannot let such a precious dessert go to waste! But fret not, my friend. If thou has accidentally overstocked on this decadent pudding or desire to bring some to work, then take heed of these storage tips.
One brilliant option is to store individual portions in small jars or cups for easy-to-grab snacks. And if thou art feeling adventurous, why not try making dirt cups by layering crumbled gluten-free cookies or granola with this pudding and topping them off with some gummy worms? Twill be a fun and engaging treat for children!
To reheat the pudding, put some of it in a microwave-safe bowl and add a tablespoon of almond milk to make it creamier. Heat it in 10-second intervals until warm, stirring occasionally. Thou may also heat it on the stovetop using low heat and frequently stirring until heated through.
But, if thou art in the mood for a true indulgence, then let me tell thee that warming this gluten-free chocolate pudding into a sticky toffee pudding cake is an option too divine to ignore! Simply bake some oat flour or gluten-free flour into cakes and pour the leftover pudding over it before baking again.
And there thou hast it- A chocolate masterpiece that hath overcome boundaries of diet restrictions but never forsaked the taste buds!
Tips for Perfect Results
Cooking gluten-free and dairy-free can be intimidating for some, but with the right advice, it can be a breeze. Here are some tips for making perfect gluten-free and dairy-free chocolate pudding every time:
1. Use high-quality ingredients: Be sure to use unsweetened cocoa powder, good quality chocolate, and pure vanilla extract to ensure a flavorful and decadent pudding.
2. Measure your ingredients carefully: Accurately measuring your ingredients is key in ensuring that the pudding has the right consistency.
3. Whisk the cornstarch and sugar mixture thoroughly: Cornstarch can have a tendency to clump together, so be sure to whisk it well with the sugar before adding it to the liquid.
4. Use a whisk when stirring: A whisk allows you to thoroughly mix the ingredients without overmixing, which could result in a gummy or lumpy texture.
5. Keep whisking over low heat: Constantly stirring your pudding while it reaches its boiling point will prevent it from developing pockets of thickened cornstarch.
6. Chill the pudding before serving: Once your pudding has cooled down, refrigerate it for at least two hours (covered with plastic wrap), until it thickens up even further.
7. Serve in small portions: Since this pudding is quite rich, serving it in smaller portions will help guests enjoy its rich chocolatey taste without feeling overindulgent.
8. Experiment with different plant-based milks: Don’t feel afraid to explore various types of non-dairy milk like oat milk, almond milk, or coconut milk as substitutions for traditional milk. These options can produce unique takes on traditional recipes while still providing delicious flavor profiles.
By following these tips, you’ll have a great gluten-free and dairy-free chocolate pudding that’s sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. Enjoy!
Now that you’ve learned all about the ingredients, how-to, and tips for perfect results, you may have some questions on your mind. I’ve rounded up some of the most common queries about this chocolate pudding recipe to help make your experience in the kitchen smooth and stress-free. Read on to discover the answers to frequently asked questions.
What is the best non dairy milk for chocolate pudding?
If dairy is not your thing, fret not! There are a variety of non-dairy milk alternatives that can be used in your recipe. Whether you opt for coconut, almond, cashew, or soy milk, each has its own unique taste that can elevate your pudding to new heights.
Which chocolate pudding is gluten-free?
When it comes to gluten-free pudding options, Jell-O pudding and KozyShack pudding are great choices. They are both made with ingredients that are naturally free of gluten, such as sugar, cornstarch, and cocoa. You can enjoy these tasty puddings without having to worry about any gluten content.
Is pudding mix gluten and dairy free?
For those who require gluten and dairy free options, Jell-O pudding is a great choice since it doesn’t contain wheat or gluten in its current recipe. The ingredients can be found listed below.
Why won t pudding set with almond milk?
When preparing pudding, it is possible to use almond milk instead of regular milk to achieve the desired texture, but it is crucial to use the appropriate amount. Using an equal amount of almond milk as regular milk will result in a runny consistency.
Wherefore, my dear readers, in conclusion, I doth urge thee to try out this recipe for the Gluten-Free/Dairy-Free Chocolate Pudding. This is not just any ordinary pudding recipe, but a decadent dairy-free and gluten-free dessert that can be enjoyed by all. With its rich chocolate flavor and creamy texture, it will become your go-to dessert.
This pudding is not only healthy but also very versatile. You can make variations by adding other flavors such as peanut butter or caramel to it. Furthermore, you can store it in the fridge for later serving or make pudding cups for a party. Finally, it is easily adaptable to different dietary needs such as Paleo or Vegan.
So why not give this healthy, delicious and versatile recipe a try? I implore thee to experiment with this recipe and create your unique version of it. You are sure to impress your guests at your next gathering with your culinary skills. Therefore, do not hesitate to indulge yourself in the joy of cooking and enjoy this delectable treat now!
Gluten Free/Dairy Free Chocolate Pudding Recipe
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups almond milk (or soy milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir dry ingredients together, in a medium saucepan.
- Add 1 cup of almond milk and stir into a paste.
- Turn on heat to medium and add second cup of almond milk.
- Stir constantly until smooth and thickened.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Turn off heat and divide into 4 serving dishes.
- Cool completely before serving.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You