Welcome to my gluten-free, dairy-free, and hassle-free pizza recipe! Are you someone who has been avoiding pizza night because of your dietary restrictions? Do not lose hope! With this recipe, you can enjoy a mouth-watering pizza without worrying about gluten or dairy.
Being a nutritionist and food blogger, I believe that a healthy lifestyle does not mean sacrificing taste. Gluten-free and dairy-free food has become popular in recent years for many reasons. Some individuals are intolerant to lactose or gluten while others choose it as part of their diet. Whatever your reason, this recipe is perfect for anyone who wants to indulge in their favorite comfort food without sacrificing their health.
Traditional pizza contains wheat flour, which makes it unsuitable for those with gluten intolerance. Many traditional pizzas also contain cheese, making it off-limits for people with dairy allergies or lactose intolerance. With my gluten-free pizza crust and homemade sauce recipes, you can customize your pizza as you wish!
The process of making a gluten-free pizza may sound intimidating, but trust me, it’s incredibly easy! You only need eight ingredients to make the dough from scratch. This gluten-free flour blend recipe results in a crust that is crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. The best part of this recipe is that it requires no yeast and minimal kneading time.
Are you ready to try this hassle-free recipe with minimal clean-up? Get ready to have some fun and enjoy all the amazing flavors of pizza night without compromising your health! In the next sections, I will explain why you’ll love this recipe, list all the ingredients you need, provide step-by-step instructions on how to prepare it, and offer tips for perfect results.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Do you ever crave a freshly baked pizza but find that store-bought options don’t cater to your dietary needs? Well, fear not! This gluten-free pizza recipe will be the answer to your pizza night woes.
Why gluten-free, you ask? Gluten can cause digestive discomfort and inflammation in those sensitive to it. It’s important to maintain a balanced and healthy diet, especially during these times where we need all the immunity and energy we can get. Plus, this pizza is also dairy-free for those who are lactose intolerant or follow a vegan lifestyle.
But just because it’s free of gluten and dairy doesn’t mean it lacks flavor or texture. The crust made with Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free flour blend, baking powder, and sea salt creates a crisp yet tender bite that holds up perfectly under your favorite toppings.
One of the best things about this recipe is how fuss-free it is to make. With no yeast required, you don’t have to wait for dough to rise or worry about kneading it properly. Simply mix the crust ingredients together with some warm water and olive oil before rolling out into your desired shape.
And let’s not forget about the versatility of this recipe! It can be topped with a simple tomato sauce or go wild with your favorite veggies and meats. You’re in control of how you want to satisfy your pizza cravings.
With this gluten-free and dairy-free pizza recipe, say goodbye to settling for subpar alternatives and hello to an easy, healthy, and delicious option for your next pizza night.
Let’s take a look at the ingredients needed to make this no-fuss gluten-free pizza crust recipe:
- 2 cups of gluten-free flour blend (can use Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten-Free Baking Mix or King Arthur Flour Gluten-Free Flour)
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 packet (or 2 tsp) of yeast
- 1 cup of warm water (plus an additional 1/4 cup if needed)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
The Recipe How-To
Step 1: Make the Gluten-Free Pizza Crust
Now, let’s dive into the fun part – making our gluten-free pizza crust! You will need 2 cups of your favourite gluten-free flour blend. I personally recommend Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, 1 tsp of baking powder, 1 tsp of garlic powder, and ½ tsp of sea salt until evenly combined.
Next, add in 1 cup of warm water (approximately 110°F) and 2 tbsp of olive oil to the flour mixture. Mix well using a wooden spoon or your hands until a sticky dough forms.
Step 2: Knead and Rise
Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead it for a few minutes until it’s smooth and pliable. Form the dough into a ball shape and coat it with some olive oil.
Cover the dough with a clean towel and place it in a warm area for about an hour or until it has doubled in size. This step allows the dough time to rise – which is quintessential for that perfect pizza night!
Step 3: Roll Out Your Dough
Once the dough has risen, preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Now grab your favourite non-stick baking sheet or pizza tray, sprinkle on some more gluten-free flour blend to grease it up and spread out your pizza dough.
Use your hands or rolling pin to press down on the dough until it’s about one-fourth inch thick – this should yield about two medium-sized pizzas.
Step 4: Add Your Toppings
Now comes the fun part – you get creative with your toppings! Start by spreading some Homemade Pizza Sauce all over the top of the crust followed by generous amounts of shredded cheese! Here are a few of my favourite toppings:
- Sliced peppers, onions, and mushrooms
- Chopped pineapple, bell peppers and bbq sauce for a hawaiian-themed pizza
- Pesto sauce, sliced cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts and olives
Feel free to add anything to your liking! Note that for best results, start with a base sauce before adding your toppings. It helps everything stick together.
Step 5: Bake Until Crispy
Pop your pizza into the preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the crust is lightly golden and crispy around the edges. Allow it to cool for a few minutes before slicing it up and enjoying this warm, delicious gluten-free pizza!
Making no-fuss gluten-free pizzas at home has never been so easy! This recipe is perfect for anyone following a gluten-free, dairy-free, or vegan diet. With Bob’s Red Mill flour blend, you can make dough with no yeast and still get that thin crust texture. So go
Substitutions and Variations
Ah, the beauty of cooking is that creativity knows no bounds. This recipe is very versatile, and you can substitute or add ingredients to your liking. Here are some options:
– Flour: If you don’t have a gluten-free flour blend, you can make your own by combining rice flour, almond flour, and baking powder.
– Cheese: Feel free to use any cheese you prefer. Dairy-free options such as nutritional yeast flakes or vegan cheese shreds work well if you are looking for dairy alternatives.
– Pizza Sauce: Choose your sauce based on personal preference. Homemade or store-bought pizza sauce works great. You could also substitute with pesto sauce, garlic butter, or barbecue sauce.
– Toppings: The toppings for pizzas are practically endless! Whether it’s veggies such as bell peppers, seared mushrooms, or olives; meat products such as chicken, sausage or prosciutto; or even fruits like pineapple–have fun with it!
– Thin Crust: To get a crispy thin crust try swapping out 1 cup of the gluten-free flour with almond flour or rice flour.
Overall, don’t hesitate to make this recipe unique and suited to your palate by mixing up the ingredients as per your liking!
Serving and Pairing
Once your gluten-free pizza is ready, it’s time to serve and enjoy the delicious flavors. This pizza can be enjoyed as a main dish or as an appetizer for your next party menu.
Pair your gluten-free pizza with a chilled glass of white wine or beer to complement the flavors of the toppings. You can also serve it with some freshly made salad on the side to make it a complete meal.
This recipe is perfect for a casual pizza night with friends or family, and you won’t even have to worry about anyone with gluten intolerances missing out on the fun. You can customize this pizza by adding your favorite toppings such as fresh veggies or mouth-watering meats.
If you’re feeling adventurous, try making mini pizzas instead of one big pizza and let your friends and family personalize their own mini pizzas. The possibilities are endless with this gluten-free pizza recipe.
This fuss-free gluten-free pizza recipe goes especially well with some roasted vegetables, garlic bread, or even some healthy snacks like carrot and celery sticks on the side. You can also prepare some homemade dipping sauces like marinara sauce or ranch dressing to add more flavor to your meal.
In short, this gluten-free pizza is a crowd-pleaser that can be paired with any sides based on your preference. It will surely hit all the right notes and leave you wanting for more!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
When it comes to pizza, it’s always a good idea to have some leftovers for later. Besides, who wouldn’t want to have another slice of warm pizza pie the next day? Thankfully, this gluten-free pizza crust is perfect for storing and reheating!
If you’re planning to prioritize spending time with family or friends on pizza night, try making the dough a day ahead of time. After kneading and letting it rise, you can wrap the dough in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator until ready to use.
After baking your pizza, you can also store any leftover slices in the refrigerator or freezer. To preserve the taste and texture of your gluten-free slice, simply store it in an airtight container or plastic bag. When reheating, preheat your oven to 350°F and heat up your slice for 5-7 minutes.
To make things even easier, consider making a double batch of this gluten-free pizza crust recipe and freezing half of the dough for future pizza nights! By storing the dough properly, it should last up to a month in the freezer.
Whether you choose to make-ahead or store your leftovers, you can trust that this gluten-free crust will remain delicious even after reheating. Plus, it’s still versatile enough to customize with your favorite toppings again and again!
Tips for Perfect Results
Making gluten-free pizza can be tricky, but with the right guidance and a little bit of practice, you can make the best gluten-free pizza ever. Here are some helpful tips to ensure your gluten-free pizza is delicious and perfect in every way:
1. Always use room temperature ingredients: When you are making the pizza crust, make sure that all the ingredients are at room temperature. This is important because if they’re too cold or too hot, it can affect the yeast’s ability to rise or cause the dough to become too dry or sticky.
2. Use a good quality gluten-free flour: When working with gluten-free flours, it can be tough to find a blend that works well. I recommend using Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Flour Blend as it has a good consistency and fiendishly combines different types of flours such as rice flour, almond flour, and baking powder.
3. Don’t overwork the dough: One of the most common mistakes when making pizza dough is overworking it. Overworking the dough can result in a tough and chewy pizza crust. To avoid this, be gentle when mixing the ingredients and kneading the dough.
4. Add a little bit of olive oil: Olive oil will give your gluten-free pizza extra flavor and help create that crispy crust that we all love so much. Drizzle some olive oil on top of your crust before adding sauce and toppings for added flavor and texture.
5. Preheat your oven: Make sure to preheat your oven for at least 20 minutes before baking your pizza. This will ensure that your crust becomes crispy and golden brown.
6. Use a baking stone or pan: To get that perfect crispy crust you need to use a baking stone or pan. The stone or pan retains heat so that it distributes evenly to get that perfect crust.
7. Let it cool down: Once you have cooked your gluten-free pizza leave it out of the oven for at least 5 minutes to allow it to cool down enough for topping and slicing.
By following these tips, you can make the best gluten-free pizza ever that will taste amazing and please everyone. Enjoy making pizza night fuss-free and delicious with this gluten-free flatbread pizza recipe!
As a nutritionist and food blogger, I understand that cooking or baking can have its challenges. It’s not always easy to get the results you want, especially when making a dish that has certain dietary restrictions. That’s why, in this section, I’ll address some frequently asked questions (FAQs) about this no fuss gluten-free pizza recipe. I hope this helps to alleviate any doubts or concerns you might have, so that you can enjoy making and eating this delicious pizza without any worries!
Which gluten-free flour is good for pizza?
When it comes to gluten-free pizza dough, Caputo Fioreglut flour is our top pick. Although, if it’s not available or doesn’t fit your budget, we suggest Bob’s Red Mill Baking Flour as a solid alternative. Both options will give you dough that is tasty, flexible and free of gluten.
Why is my gluten free pizza soggy?
Are you experiencing a soggy crust on your gluten-free pizza? It could be due to a simple baking error. Make sure to bake your crust before adding toppings, ensure that your oven is preheated to the recommended temperature, and leave enough space around the crust to allow for proper air circulation in the oven. If all else fails, consider baking for a few additional minutes to ensure a fully cooked and crisp crust.
Why is gluten free pizza so chewy?
When making pizza with gluten-free dough, the lack of binding gluten makes the dough less pliable and smooth. As a result, the finished product may exhibit a soft and chewy texture.
What ingredients are in gluten free pizza?
When it comes to making gluten-free pizza, the dough is typically made by combining a mix of flours and starches such as rice flour, almond flour, potato starch, and tapioca starch. To bring the dough together, wet ingredients like oil and flavorings such as sugar and salt are added. Some recipes also call for yeast to give the dough some lift.
After much experimentation, I finally found the perfect No Fuss Gluten Free Pizza Recipe. Now you can enjoy gluten-free and dairy-free pizza without sacrificing flavor or texture!
This recipe is easy to make, and you don’t need any fancy ingredients. Just basic gluten-free flour, yeast, warm water, olive oil, salt, and some spices. You can even make this dough ahead of time or freeze it for later use.
Try it out for your next pizza night with your friends and family. They won’t even know it’s gluten-free and dairy-free! And the best part? This recipe is versatile, and you can customize it to your liking by adding different toppings.
Don’t let a gluten intolerance or dairy allergy keep you from enjoying your favorite food. This No Fuss Gluten Free Pizza Recipe is a game-changer in the gluten-free world. Say goodbye to bland and dry pizza crusts!
Give this recipe a try today, and let me know in the comments how it turned out for you. Happy cooking!
No Fuss Gluten Free Pizza Recipe
- 1 Sandwich wrap, La Tortilla Factory Gluten Free, Wheat Free Wrap, Ivory Teff
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup cheese, shredded
- 10 slices pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place wrap on a baking sheet or pizza pan and bake in the oven for 5 minutes, flipping once.
- Take the wrap out of the oven and add marinara sauce, spreading evenly around the wrap with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle cheese and remaining toppings.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese melts and crust turns golden brown.
- Slice with pizza cutter and serve!