Attention all cookie lovers! If you’re looking for a gluten-free treat that won’t disappoint, then you’ve come to the right place. Introducing my famous Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe that is perfect for those with dietary restrictions or for those who simply want a healthier option.
I’m a nutritionist cum food blogger, and I know firsthand that eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring. In fact, it can be downright delicious, and these cookies are the proof. They are made with only the best gluten-free ingredients, making them suitable for anyone with a gluten sensitivity or celiac disease.
So why should you try these cookies? Not only are they soft and chewy in texture, but they also contain rich chocolate chips that will tantalize your taste buds. Plus, they are dairy-free, making them an ideal choice for vegans or those with lactose intolerance.
With this gluten-free recipe, you’ll enjoy all the flavours of traditional chocolate chip cookies without any of the discomfort. So go ahead and indulge in a guilt-free treat that your body will thank you for. Trust me; you won’t regret it!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you in search of a gluten-free chocolate chip cookie recipe that tastes as good as traditional cookies? Look no further because this recipe is exactly what you need! I promise you won’t even notice that these cookies are gluten-free.
But, why should you love this recipe? First off, it’s incredibly easy to make. You only need one bowl to mix all the ingredients together! No need to separate the wet and dry ingredients. Plus, it takes less than 30 minutes to bake a batch of these delicious cookies.
Not only are they quick and simple to make, but they are also loaded with flavor. These cookies have the perfect balance of sweetness from the granulated and light brown sugar, combined with the irresistible taste of chocolate chips that will melt in your mouth. Trust me, once you take a bite of these heavenly treats, you won’t be able to resist them.
But here’s the best part: these cookies are not only gluten-free, but they’re also dairy-free! Perfect for anyone with specific dietary restrictions or for those who want to indulge in a healthier treat. Even if you don’t follow a gluten-free or dairy-free diet, these cookies are still worth making.
In summary, this gluten-free chocolate chip cookie recipe is quick and easy to prepare, loaded with flavor, and accommodates various dietary needs such as gluten and dairy free diets while still satisfying any sweet craving that may arise. I assure you; this recipe is guaranteed to become your go-to cookie recipe that will leave your taste buds feeling satisfied and your stomachs happy.
Get ready to gather the best gluten-free ingredients for these chewy chocolate chip cookies. Each ingredient has been carefully selected to ensure a delicious, yet healthy and allergy-friendly dessert. Here are the ingredients you will need:
- Gluten-Free Flour Blend: 2 and 1/4 cups
- Tapioca Flour: 2 tablespoons
- Xanthan Gum: 1 teaspoon
- Baking Soda: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- Unsalted Butter, Softened: 1 cup (2 sticks)
- Granulated Sugar: 3/4 cup
- Light Brown Sugar, Packed: 3/4 cup
- Egg: 1 large
- Egg Yolk: 1 large
- Vanilla Extract: 2 teaspoons
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chips: 1 and 1/4 cups (or dairy-free chocolate chips for a vegan option)
Gather these ingredients and let’s start baking!
The Recipe How-To
Now comes the fun part – making delicious Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies! With just a few simple steps, you’ll have a batch of these yummy treats in no time.
Step 1: Preheat Your Oven
Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F. It’s important to make sure your oven is at the correct temperature to ensure that the cookies bake evenly and come out just right.
Step 2: Combine Dry Ingredients
In a small bowl, mix together gluten-free flour, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt. This mixture will be used as a base for the cookie dough and should be well combined to ensure even baking.
Step 3: Combine Wet Ingredients
In a separate larger bowl, combine softened unsalted butter, light brown sugar, and white sugar. Mix until creamy using an electric mixer or by hand.
Step 4: Add Eggs and Vanilla Extract
Next, add one egg and one tsp of vanilla extract to the wet ingredients mixture. Continue mixing until well combined.
Step 5: Combine Wet and Dry Mixtures
Slowly mix the dry ingredients mixture into the wet ingredients bowl, making sure you don’t over mix. You want to end up with just enough flour so that it is evenly distributed throughout the mixture but not too much that it becomes too thick.
Step 6: Add Chocolate Chips
Now it’s time for my favorite part- adding chocolate chips! Add in about 1-2 cups of your favorite gluten-free chocolate chips while stirring with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
Step 7: Shape Dough into Balls
After the chocolate chips are mixed in well, scoop out about a tablespoon of cookie dough at a time and roll them into small balls in the palm of your hand. Then place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, leaving about 2 inches of space between each cookie ball.
Step 8: Bake Cookies
Bake the cookies for about 12-15 minutes, or until they are golden brown on the edges. Be sure to check on them every so often to make sure they don’t over bake.
Step 9: Cool and Enjoy
Let the cookies cool for a few minutes on the baking tray before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, enjoy your delicious Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies with a cold glass of almond milk or your favorite beverage.
Note: Do not refrigerate cookie dough. This may cause undesirable spread and texture once baked.
Now that you know how to make these amazing Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies, you can share them with all your loved ones!
Substitutions and Variations
When it comes to gluten-free cooking, it’s all about creativity and experimentation. Don’t be afraid to switch things up and try different ingredients – you never know what delicious creation you may end up with! Here are some substitutions and variations you can make with this recipe:
– Flour blend: Instead of using the gluten-free flour blend listed in the recipe, you can use a pre-made blend such as King Arthur Flour’s gluten-free measure-for-measure flour or Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Flour. You can also make your own blend by combining equal parts of rice flour, tapioca flour, and potato starch.
– Dairy-free: To make these cookies dairy-free, replace the butter with vegan butter or coconut oil. You can also swap out the chocolate chips for vegan chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or dried fruit.
– Nut-free: If you’re allergic to nuts, replace the almond flour with more gluten-free all-purpose flour or oat flour.
– Sugar: For a less sweet cookie, reduce the amount of sugar used in the recipe. You can also experiment with using alternative natural sweeteners like honey, maple syrup or stevia.
– Different add-ins: One of the best things about chocolate chip cookies is how versatile they are! Try adding chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts, shredded coconut or even crispy bacon to mix up your usual chocolate chip cookie fix.
Remember, when making substitutions in baking recipes it’s important to keep in mind that each substitution may impact the final product differently. So you may have to do some trial and error before landing on your perfect combination. Happy experimenting!
Serving and Pairing
Now that you have your freshly baked gluten-free chocolate chip cookies in hand, it’s time to think about how to enjoy them. The answer? With a glass of cold almond milk or your favorite hot beverage.
These cookies pair well with a variety of drinks, such as a steaming hot cup of coffee or a frothy cappuccino. The decadent chocolate chips and chewy texture of the cookies complement the bitter notes of coffee perfectly.
Alternatively, if you’re looking for something non-caffeinated, these cookies are also great with a tall glass of cold almond milk. The nutty undertones of the milk harmonize with the sweetness of the cookies and create a refreshing combination.
If you’re feeling fancy, why not try serving these cookies as part of an ice cream sandwich? Take two cookies, add a generous scoop of dairy-free ice cream (like vegan chocolate or peanut butter) between them, press gently together and voila! You have an irresistible dessert that everyone will love.
For a healthier twist, try pairing these gluten-free chocolate chip cookies with a fruit smoothie or a bowl of fresh fruit. The natural sweetness from the fruits will balance out the indulgence of the cookies, ensuring you get a guilt-free treat.
In summary, these gluten-free chocolate chip cookies can be paired with many different types of drinks and snacks for any occasion. Whether you prefer something hot or cold, sweet or savory, these cookies are versatile enough to accommodate it all.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Are you planning to make these delicious gluten-free chocolate chip cookies ahead of time or store them for later? Here are some tips for making them ahead and storing them properly.
To make these cookies ahead of time, you can prepare the dough, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate it for up to three days. When you’re ready to bake them, simply take the dough out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature before scooping and baking.
Once your cookies are baked and cooled, you can store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days. For extended storage, you can freeze them for up to three months. To thaw frozen cookies, just leave them at room temperature for a few hours or pop them in the microwave for a quick defrost.
If you want to reheat your cookies to give them that freshly baked taste, simply preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C), place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and heat until they’re warm and gooey. Alternatively, you can microwave one cookie at a time for 10-15 seconds until heated through.
Remember: These cookies are best served fresh from the oven—but if you need to store them, follow these tips to keep them fresh and delicious!
Tips for Perfect Results
Now that we know the ingredient list and have learned how to make gluten-free chocolate chip cookies, it’s important to note a few tips to ensure that our cookies come out perfect every time.
First, when measuring your flour, use a spoon to fluff up the flour in the bag or container, then scoop it into your measuring cup. Do not pack in the flour or shake the cup. This ensures you’re not using too much flour, which can result in dry and crumbly cookies.
Second, use room temperature ingredients. Let your butter and eggs sit out on the counter for at least 30 minutes before beginning to bake. This helps the ingredients mix more easily and creates a smoother batter.
Third, don’t overmix your cookie dough. Once you add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mix just until everything is evenly combined. Overmixing can lead to tough cookies.
Fourth, use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat on your baking sheet. This prevents sticking and ensures an even bake.
Fifth, let your cookies cool on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes before transferring them to a wire rack. This helps them set and become easier to handle without falling apart.
Following these tips will surely give you chewy and delicious gluten-free chocolate chip cookies every time!
In conclusion, these gluten-free chocolate chip cookies are the best of their kind. Not only are they delicious and flavorful, but they are also packed with healthy nutrients that will keep you feeling satisfied for hours. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a novice, this recipe is easy to follow and will give you perfect results every time.
So go ahead and make a batch today! With these chewy, gluten-free chocolate chip cookies, you won’t even know that you’re eating something healthy. So grab some almond milk, pour yourself a tall glass, and indulge in the ultimate chocolate treat. Trust me – your taste buds will thank you for it.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup 60% cocoa dark chocolate bar, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350ËšF and prepare a cookie sheet with parchment or a silpat liner.
- Cream the butter with the white and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and the vanilla and mix until evenly distributed.
- Mix together all the flours, the xanthan gum, and the salt with a whisk. Add them gradually to the mixer allowing them to incorporate after each addition.
- Add a tsp of hot water to dissolve the baking soda and add it to the mixer. Use a spatula to make sure you get it all out.
- Add the chocolate chips and the chopped chocolate and mix until well combined.
- I use an ice cream scoop to measure my cookies so they're uniform. With the scoop I use I get about 18 cookies from this recipe. I find this to be the perfect amount for a quick craving.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then rotate, and bake for 4 more minutes. Gluten Free tends not to brown up that much. The first few times I overbaked them. Once they've gotten that perfect regular golden brown, for gluten free that probably means they'll be a little crisp. So er on the side of 2 minutes less than the degree of brown you'd like to see for that perfect soft, chewy center. And remember all ovens vary, so you'll find the perfect time for your oven with practice.
- When done, allow to sit for a few minutes then move to a cooling rack to finish cooling.