Hello and welcome, foodies! As a nutritionist and food blogger, I am excited to share with you my latest creation: Gluten-Free Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. This recipe has been a labor of love, as I’ve spent countless hours perfecting it to create the ultimate chocolate lover’s dream.
Now, why gluten-free? It is because I believe that everyone should be able to enjoy delicious treats regardless of their dietary restrictions. And for those who have been searching for a recipe that is both gluten-free and decadently delicious, look no further.
These cookies are not only gluten-free but also dairy-free and made with organic and natural ingredients. We’ll be using almond flour, avocado oil, and dairy-free chocolate chips to create the perfect balance of flavors and texture.
In this article, you will find step-by-step instructions, tips for perfect results, substitutions and variations, serving suggestions, make-ahead options, FAQs, and much more. Whether you’re vegan or not, these cookies will definitely be your new go-to favorite.
So if you’re looking for a healthy yet indulgent dessert option for your next dinner party or simply want to satisfy your sweet tooth craving in a guilt-free manner – this recipe is for you! Get ready to bake the best gluten-free Chocolate Crinkle Cookies ever!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you a chocolate lover? Do you want to enjoy delicious cookies without worrying about gluten or dairy? If yes, then you will love this recipe. These gluten-free chocolate cracked cookies are a game-changer for those who are looking for a healthy and delectable dessert option.
But why should you choose this recipe over other cookie recipes out there? Firstly, it only requires a few ingredients and is easy to make. You don’t need any fancy equipment or baking expertise – just mix the ingredients together, roll the dough into balls, coat them in powdered sugar, and bake away.
Secondly, these cookies are not only gluten-free but also dairy-free. If you’re lactose intolerant or vegan, you can still indulge in these chocolate crinkle cookies without any guilt. They are made with dairy-free ingredients like avocado oil or vegetable oil instead of butter, and cocoa powder instead of milk chocolate.
Thirdly, these cookies are the perfect combination of crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. The secret lies in their cracked appearance, which comes from rolling the cookie dough balls in powdered sugar before baking them. This creates a unique texture that’s both soft and crunchy at the same time.
Lastly, these cookies are versatile in terms of flavors and variations. You can experiment with different types of chocolates such as peppermint chocolate fudge or even substitute the almond flour with cornstarch to make it nut-free. These cookies are perfect for Christmas or as a year-round treat for anyone who loves chocolate chip cookies.
In conclusion, if you want an easy-to-make and guilt-free dessert that satisfies your chocolate cravings, then this gluten-free chocolate cracked cookie recipe is perfect for you!
Here’s a breakdown of the gluten-free ingredients needed to make these delicious chocolate cracked cookies:
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour: Use whichever brand you prefer. We recommend Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour.
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil, such as avocado oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For those with dairy allergies or intolerances, don’t worry! This recipe is completely dairy-free. Here are some additional ingredients you’ll need:
- 4 ounces dairy-free chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
And for those who follow a vegan diet, here are some substitutions that you can make for the non-vegan ingredients listed above:
- Eggs: Replace 2 eggs with 2 flax eggs (mix together 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed with 6 tablespoons of water).
- Butter: Substitute 1 cup of vegan butter or margarine for the unsalted butter in this recipe.
With these simple and accessible ingredients, you’ll be able to whip up a batch of these delicious cookies in no time!
The Recipe How-To
Now, the most important part of our recipe article. Follow these simple steps to make your gluten-free chocolate cracked cookies come true:
Take note: this recipe makes about 18 cookies.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Powdered sugar (for dusting)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (176.7 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the cocoa powder, cane sugar, and vegetable oil until combined.
Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until well mixed.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the baking powder, salt, gluten-free flour, and cornstarch.
Slowly add the dry mixture into the electric mixer bowl while continuously mixing on low speed until fully combined.
Scoop dough out by approximately one tablespoonfuls and form dough balls with your hands. Once all dough balls have been formed, roll each one in powdered sugar until fully coated.
Place the powdered sugar-coated dough balls onto your pre-lined baking sheet, spacing them at least 2 inches apart from one another.
Bake cookies for approximately 12 minutes or until edges are set but centers are still slightly soft.
Remove cookies from the oven and allow them to cool completely before serving.
You won’t believe how easy it is to make these gluten-free chocolate-cracked cookies! Just a couple of quick tips for perfect results. These cookies are best served slightly underbaked to achieve the crispy exterior and fudgy interior. Also, don’t forget to space the cookies out on the baking sheet, enough so they don’t stick together during baking.
Enjoy these cookies dairy-free, gluten-free and with a cup of your favorite milk.
Substitutions and Variations
When it comes to experimenting with ingredients, the possibilities for creating a modified version of this chocolate crinkle cookie recipe are endless. Below are some easy substitutions and variations you can apply to create a unique twist to this already delicious dessert.
– Flour Substitutions: The gluten-free flour used in this recipe can be substituted with any other gluten-free flour or even traditional all-purpose flour. Almond flour, coconut flour or oat flour would work best as a gluten-free substitute.
– Oil Substitutions: The vegetable oil used in the recipe can be exchanged for coconut oil or avocado oil to make these cookies even healthier. If you’re not worried about calories, butter or ghee would add a delicious flavor to the cookies.
– Sugar Substitutions: If you’re looking to reduce sugar intake, you might want to swap granulated sugar with honey or agave syrup. You could also try using erythritol or stevia if you prefer a low-calorie, less-sweet alternative.
– Chocolate Chips and Add-ins: You can mix it up by adding different types of chocolate into your cookies – dark, white, milkless or sugarless. You can also add chopped nuts, dried fruits or even marshmallows for an extra burst of flavor and texture.
– Seasonal Variations: Get creative with these cookies! For example, during the holiday season, adding peppermint extract and candy cane pieces can turn these chocolate crinkle cookies into sweet and refreshing peppermint crinkle cookies.
Remember that these substitutions may affect the overall taste and texture of the cookies. However, don’t be afraid to experiment; it’s all part of the fun while baking.
Serving and Pairing
Welcome to the most decadent and indulgent part of this recipe – serving and pairing suggestions. These gluten-free chocolate cracked cookies are a crowd-pleaser that can be enjoyed on their own or paired with other foods for an even more delightful experience.
The rich, fudgy texture of these cookies makes them a perfect snack for any time of the day. You can enjoy them with a hot cup of coffee or tea, which will balance out the sweetness of the cookie and enhance the chocolate flavor. You can also pair them with a tall glass of milk, which has been known to go well with chocolate treats. If you’re looking for something more festive, try serving these crinkle cookies at your next holiday party. They’re the perfect addition to any celebration, especially when paired with other Christmas cookies and festive drinks.
For a healthier option, consider pairing these chocolatey delights with fresh berries or a fruit salad. The tartness of fruits will cut through the sweetness of the cookies, giving your taste buds a refreshing break while still enjoying a tasty treat. The combination of dark chocolate and juicy berries is not only delectable but also rich in antioxidants and fiber, making it a win-win.
Finally, if you are feeling adventurous and wish to elevate this recipe to its fullest potential, consider sandwiching two gluten-free chocolate crinkle cookies together using frosting or ice cream in the middle! This will create a dessert sandwich that resembles an ice cream sandwich but is infinitely better due to its complex chocolate flavors.
Remember – no matter how you decide to serve or pair these gluten-free chocolate cracked cookies, they will always be the star of the show!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
One of the great things about these gluten-free chocolate cracked cookies is that they can be made ahead and stored for later. Simply follow the recipe instructions, let the cookies cool down, and then store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
If you’re planning to keep the cookies for longer than three days, store them in a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to two months. Whenever you want to enjoy the cookies again, simply defrost them at room temperature or reheat them in a 350°F oven for a few minutes until warm and gooey.
If you’ve baked too many cookies and don’t want to store all of them, you can also freeze the dough. Just scoop the cookie dough onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper and freeze until solid. Then, transfer the dough balls into an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to two months. When you’re ready to bake them, simply thaw them overnight in the refrigerator or leave them at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking as directed.
In terms of reheating, you can warm up these cookies by placing them in a preheated 350°F oven for 5-10 minutes if they’ve cooled down or are stored in your fridge or freezer. These chocolate crinkle cookies will taste just as good as freshly baked!
Overall, these gluten-free chocolate crinkle cookies make for a great treat that can be enjoyed time after time with their make-ahead and freezer-friendly options.
Tips for Perfect Results
As a food blogger and nutritionist, I always want to help my readers achieve the best outcome for their recipes. Here are some tips to ensure you get perfect results when making these gluten-free chocolate cracked cookies:
1. Use high-quality ingredients: The quality of your ingredients can make or break your recipe. Choose organic and gluten-free ingredients for the best results. Look for chocolate chips that are dairy-free and contain no added sugars.
2. Measure accurately: Baking is a science, and precise measurements are crucial for success. Use measuring cups and spoons instead of eyeballing measurements, especially when it comes to flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda.
3. Chill the dough: Once you’ve mixed your cookie dough thoroughly, be sure to chill it in the refrigerator for at least an hour before baking. This will help the cookies hold their shape and prevent them from spreading out too much while baking.
4. Don’t overbake: Overbaked cookies can quickly turn dry and crumbly. Keep a close eye on your cookies while they’re in the oven and remove them promptly as soon as they start to crack.
5. Use parchment paper: Line your baking sheet with parchment paper before placing the cookie dough on it. This will prevent sticking and make cleanup a breeze.
6. Adjust cooking time if needed: The size of your cookies can affect cooking time. If you made larger cookies than suggested in the recipe, bake them longer accordingly.
By following these tips, you’re sure to get bakery-quality gluten-free chocolate cracked cookies every time!
In conclusion, this gluten-free chocolate cracked cookies recipe is the perfect treat for anyone looking for something sweet and indulgent without sacrificing their health or dietary restrictions. With its rich chocolatey flavor and crunchy exterior, these cookies will satisfy any sweet tooth while providing a guilt-free treat.
By substituting traditional flour with gluten-free flour and utilizing dairy-free ingredients like avocado oil, these cookies are vegan-friendly and perfect for those with dietary restrictions. Additionally, the recipe includes almond flour, which adds an extra layer of protein and healthy fats to the cookies.
Not only is this cookie recipe enjoyable, but it’s also versatile in terms of serving options. You can pair these cookies with a warm cup of coffee or hot cocoa for a cozy winter treat or package them up as gifts during the holiday season.
Overall, this gluten-free chocolate cracked cookies recipe is easy to follow and yields delicious results. So grab your aprons and get ready to create some mouth-watering treats!
Gluten Free Chocolate Cracked Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Blend 1 cup sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt together in bowl and set aside. Melt 1 cup chocolate chips in microwave, stirring twice (about 2 minutes). Set aside to cool slightly. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add 1 cup of sugar and continue beating until it is the consistency of soft marshmallow creme. On low speed, gradually add dry ingredients into the meringue. Add melted chocolate and 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Dough will be stiff. Roll into small balls using no more than 1 tablespoon of batter at a time. Roll in remaining powdered sugar (1/2 cup).
- Place on parchment covered cookie sheets. Bake about 10 minutes at 350 degrees until puffed and cracked. Place parchment paper with cookies on top of a cooling rack for another 10 minutes Remove and cool another 10 minutes