If you’re anything like me, you love chocolate. Rich, decadent chocolate that melts in your mouth and makes all your worries disappear. But what if I told you that you can indulge in your love for chocolate while still maintaining a healthy lifestyle? That’s where my Gluten-Free No Bake Chocolate Balls recipe comes in.
This recipe is perfect for those who are gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan. It’s made with wholesome ingredients such as almond butter, maple syrup, and rolled oats. The best part? You don’t even have to turn on your oven!
But don’t be fooled by the healthy ingredients – these Chocolate Balls are just as delicious as any candy bar you’ll find at the store. They’re gooey and fudgy with a crispy texture from the crispy rice cereal and shredded coconut.
So whether you’re looking for a quick and easy snack or a guilt-free dessert, my Gluten-Free No Bake Chocolate Balls recipe has got you covered. Get ready to satisfy your sweet tooth without sacrificing your health goals!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you looking for a quick and easy dessert that hits the spot every time? Look no further than these Gluten-Free No-Bake Chocolate Balls! There are so many reasons why you’ll fall in love with this recipe, but let me just give you a few.
First, these chocolate balls don’t require any baking – just mix up the ingredients and pop them in the fridge to set. So not only are they super easy to make, but they’re also perfect for those hot summer days when you don’t want to turn on the oven.
Secondly, these chocolate balls are packed with flavor. The combination of chocolate chips, peanut butter, shredded coconut, and mini marshmallows is simply irresistible. Plus, if you’re feeling extra fancy, you can try out variations like chocolate coconut or rum balls to mix things up.
Thirdly, and perhaps most importantly, these chocolate balls are gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan-friendly. Whether you have dietary restrictions or just want a healthier treat option, these balls are the perfect solution. And trust me – no one will be able to tell they’re “healthy” once they take a bite.
Lastly, these chocolate balls are incredibly versatile. Serve them as a dessert at your next party or potluck for an easy crowd-pleaser or store them in the fridge for a quick snack on-the-go. You can even customize them by adding in protein powder or rolled oats for breakfast balls or cookie dough truffles.
In summary, these Gluten-Free No-Bake Chocolate Balls are delicious, easy to make, healthy for your body and versatile. So whether you make them for yourself or share them with friends and family members at your next get-together – this recipe is sure to become a favorite in your household!
Before we begin preparing this delicious gluten-free chocolate balls recipe, let’s make sure we have all the essential ingredients ready. Here’s what you’ll need to get at the store:
- 2 cups of rolled oats (use gluten-free oats for extra health benefits)
- 1 cup of almond butter or peanut butter (organic and unsalted is preferable)
- 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of butter (dairy-free or vegan butter can also be used)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: additional shredded coconut, chopped nuts, chocolate chips, cocoa powder.
Most of these ingredients are probably already in your pantry. Be sure to check that everything is fresh and raw so that you can fully enjoy their flavor and nutrient-richness as you make these scrumptious gluten-free chocolate balls.
The Recipe How-To
Now, it’s time for the most exciting part – making the Gluten Free No Bake Chocolate Balls! This recipe is super easy to make, and you’ll have delicious chocolate balls ready to enjoy in no time!
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats (use certified gluten-free)
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup almond butter
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 2/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a mixing bowl, combine oats, shredded coconut, almond butter, pure maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and let it sit in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes or until firm enough to form balls.
- Once firm, using your hands, press and roll portions of dough into small balls approximately one inch in diameter.
- Place mini-marshmallows into each ball and reform the dough around them as necessary so that each marshmallow is completely covered with the dough.
- In a separate bowl, melt chocolate chips with coconut oil using a double boiler or microwave. Mix occasionally until fully melted and have a smooth consistency.
- Using a fork or candy dipping tools, dip each ball into melted chocolate to coat completely. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Return coated chocolate balls to cool in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes or until set.
- Use certified gluten-free oats if you’re Celiac or highly sensitive to gluten.
- If you don’t have almond butter on hand use any other nut butter like cashew or peanut butter instead.
- For a crunchier texture and flavor sprinkle some crispy rice cereal before rolling out the balls.
- Store the chocolate balls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks, or in the freezer for up to three months.
Enjoy this easy, no-bake recipe that satisfies your chocolate cravings with every bite!
Substitutions and Variations
When it comes to making these gluten-free no bake chocolate balls, there are plenty of substitutions and variations that can be made in order to create a recipe that is perfect for you! Here are some suggestions:
– Chocolate Coconut Balls: If you want to add even more coconut flavor, you can substitute the peanut butter with almond butter, add 1/4 cup of cocoa powder, and roll the balls in shredded coconut.
– Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls: For those who are lovers of peanut butter, swap the almond butter with peanut butter and leave out the coconut flakes.
– Oatmeal Balls: Use gluten-free oats instead of rice cereal and add 1/3 cup of raisins or pitted dates for a caramel flavor.
– Protein Balls: Replace the rice cereal with protein powder or use half rice cereal and half protein powder for added health benefits.
– Keto Balls: Omit the rice cereal altogether and instead use almond flour or coconut flour. You may also want to sweeten with stevia or other natural sweeteners rather than maple syrup.
– Rum Balls: Add 2 tablespoons of dark rum for a boozy twist!
– Chocolate Chip Energy Balls: Mix in some mini chocolate chips into your ingredients as another way to enjoy gluten-free no bake chocolate balls.
Remember, these are just a few ideas, feel free to experiment with various ingredients according to your taste preferences. All the mentioned variations still make for a delicious treat that you can feel good about indulging in.
Serving and Pairing
These Gluten Free No Bake Chocolate Balls are the perfect bite-sized treat for any occasion. Whether you enjoy them as an afternoon snack or as a dessert, they will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth. These rich and indulgent chocolate balls are so versatile and can be served on their own or paired with other desserts.
One way to serve these chocolate balls is to sprinkle them with shredded coconut or cocoa powder. This adds an additional layer of texture and flavor to the already rich chocolatey goodness. For a more elegant presentation, arrange these chocolate balls on a serving platter along with fresh berries or fruit slices.
These chocolate balls also pair well with a variety of different beverages. You could enjoy them with a glass of milk, hot cocoa, or coffee for a classic combination that everyone will love. If you’re feeling more adventurous, try pairing them with a fruity wine or smoothie for a refreshing twist.
If you have guests over, you could serve these chocolate balls along with other desserts like cookies, cupcakes, and cakes for a mouth-watering dessert spread. Alternatively, you could also make these into breakfast balls by adding some protein powder and eating them as a healthy snack during the day.
Overall, these Gluten Free No Bake Chocolate Balls are incredibly versatile and can be served in many different ways. Their rich chocolatey flavor and chewy texture make them the perfect treat for any occasion!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Now that you’ve whipped up a batch of these amazing gluten-free no bake chocolate balls, you may be wondering how best to store and reheat them. Fret not, hungry reader! I have some tried-and-true tips for making these chocolatey treats last as long as possible.
First things first: if you’re planning to make a big batch of no bake chocolate balls ahead of time, it’s important to store them in an airtight container. This will help prevent the balls from drying out or absorbing any unwanted odors or flavors. I prefer to use something like Tupperware or glass jars with tight-fitting lids.
When stored properly, your gluten-free no bake chocolate balls should last for up to a week in the fridge. They may also be stored in the freezer for up to three months, which is great for those days when you need a quick and satisfying snack.
If you find that your chocolate balls have softened or melted slightly due to warmer temperatures, simply place them back in the fridge or freezer until they firm back up again. Alternatively, you can pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to soften them up before serving.
One thing to note is that because these no bake chocolate balls contain butter and milk, they may become crumbly or lose their shape if left at room temperature for too long (especially if it’s warm). Just be sure to keep an eye on them and store any leftovers immediately.
With these tips and tricks, you can confidently make and store batches of delicious gluten-free no bake chocolate balls for whenever the craving strikes!
Tips for Perfect Results
Before you begin making these delicious Gluten-Free No Bake Chocolate Balls, here are some helpful tips that will ensure perfect results every time.
Firstly, make sure that all ingredients are at room temperature before starting the process. When the ingredients are at the same temperature, they blend better and create a smooth and homogeneous mixture.
Another essential tip is to mix the wet and dry ingredients separately before combining them. This helps to avoid clumps and ensures that all ingredients combine evenly.
When forming your no bake chocolate balls, it’s important to use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to ensure uniformity in size. This way, they will cook and chill evenly, providing the perfect texture in every bite.
One of the most common mistakes when making no bake desserts is over-mixing the mixture. To avoid this mistake, mix the ingredients only until everything is combined. Overmixing can lead to a tough and dry final product.
If you’re concerned about sticking to your hands while rolling the balls, try spraying your hands with non-stick cooking spray or lightly coat them in some coconut oil before starting.
While waiting for your no bake chocolate balls to chill, make sure to store them in an airtight container in your refrigerator. This will allow them to harden properly without becoming too hard or dry.
Finally, feel free to experiment with different coatings and toppings for your no bake chocolate balls! Try adding shredded coconut, chopped nuts or even using different kinds of chocolate chips. The possibilities are endless!
By following these tips closely, you’ll be able to make perfect Gluten-Free No Bake Chocolate Balls every time!
In conclusion, these Gluten-Free No-Bake Chocolate Balls are the perfect treat for anyone with a sweet tooth. They contain healthy and organic ingredients that will keep you energized throughout the day. You’ll love this recipe because it’s easy to prepare, requires no baking, and can be customized according to your preferences.
If you’re looking for a guilt-free way to satisfy your sugar cravings, then these chocolate balls are a great option. With their rich chocolaty flavor and chewy texture, they’re sure to become your new favorite snack.
One of the best things about this recipe is its versatility. You can switch up the ingredients to create different variations such as peanut butter balls or chocolate coconut balls. Plus, it’s perfect for those with dietary restrictions like gluten-free and dairy-free diets.
So, whether you want a quick breakfast or a mid-day snack, these gluten-free chocolate balls are the way to go. Once you try this recipe, you won’t want to go back to store-bought snacks again.
In other words, try this recipe out and indulge in the heavenly taste without any fear of harming your health!
Gluten Free No Bake Chocolate Balls Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 4 cups gluten-free crisp rice cereal (I used Gluten Free Rice Twice)
- 1 cup shredded coconut (You can use sweetened or unsweetened.)
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.Add marshmallows and milk.Heat until melted, stirring constantly.
- Stir in chocolate chips, and heat until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool until mixture thickens.
- Blend in rice cereal.
- WET HANDS and roll into 1-inch balls.
- Then roll ball in shredded coconut.
- Place balls on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and place in the fridge to harden.
- (I made half the batch that way and then for the second half I added the remaining shredded coconut into the mixture and skipped rolling the balls in the shredded coconut -- this way it looks like I made 2 different kinds of balls.