Delicious Gluten-Free Breading Mix | Perfect for Any Dish
Are you tired of bland and unhealthy breading mixes that are loaded with gluten, dairy, and other allergens? Look no further because I have the perfect gluten-free breading mix recipe that is delicious, crispy and will satisfy all your taste buds.
This recipe is a game-changer for anyone who loves fried or breaded chicken, but wants to avoid gluten or allergies. Moreover, my recipe is 100% organic and uses only wholesome ingredients that are easily available in your pantry or at your local store. So no more running around town searching for those elusive gluten-free flours and bread crumbs!
I learned about this recipe from Bob Red Mill’s Gluten-Free Flour Blend and have been experimenting with different flour blends ever since. Through trial and error, I found the best type of flour blend that works perfectly for this breading mix. The result is a mix that has perfect texture, great flavor, and is completely free of gluten and other allergens.
Join me in making an easy switch to healthier options while still enjoying delicious foods like fried chicken or even baked chicken cutlets. It’s a simple yet impactful change that can make an enormous difference in the way you feel about your food choices. With my recipe by your side, you can enjoy your favorite foods guilt-free without sacrificing flavor or texture.
So let’s get started on making our own gluten-free breading mix that you won’t be able to resist!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Attention all gluten-free foodies and health enthusiasts! Get ready to take your taste buds on a delicious journey with this incredible gluten-free breading mix recipe. I assure you that this recipe is guaranteed to become your new go-to for all your favorite breaded dishes, from fried chicken and fish to baked chicken cutlets and battered veggies.
What makes this recipe so special? For starters, it’s completely gluten-free, dairy-free, and uses organic ingredients, making it perfect for those with dietary restrictions or anyone looking to eat healthier. But don’t let that fool you, the taste is out of this world.
The special blend of sorghum flour, cornstarch, and arrowroot creates a light and crispy coating with just the right amount of crunch. And let’s not forget about the variety of spices – onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and seasoning salt – that come together to create an explosion of flavor in every bite.
Not only is this breading mix incredibly versatile and perfect for any meat or vegetable dish, but it’s also easy to make using ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. Simply mix everything in a food processor with some dried herbs and salt until it’s a crusting mix, then use it to bread your favorite foods before frying or baking.
Trust me when I say, you won’t even miss regular breadcrumbs or flour with this amazing gluten-free alternative. Plus, it’s low carb compared to traditional breading methods, making it perfect for those watching their carb intake.
So why wait? Whip up a batch of this gluten-free breading mix and transform any ordinary meal into an extraordinary one. Your friends and family will thank you for introducing them to this gluten-free masterpiece that’s not only delicious but also healthy. Get ready to impress with all your new gluten-free culinary skills!
Here is the ingredient list for this amazing gluten-free breading mix recipe:
- 1 cup of cornstarch
- 1 cup of sorghum flour
- ½ cup of arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon of seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
This breading mix already has everything you need in your pantry. No need to purchase other ingredients or special equipment. You can easily get these ingredients from your local grocery store or online.
The Recipe How-To
Now, let’s get cooking! Follow these steps to make the perfect gluten-free breading mix for your meals.
Step 1: Get the Ingredients Ready
First things first, gather your ingredients in one place. You will need:
– 1 cup of Cornstarch
– 1 cup of Sorghum Flour
– 1 cup of Arrowroot Flour
– 1 tablespoon of Seasoning Salt
– 1 tablespoon of Black Pepper
– 2 teaspoons of Onion Powder
– 2 teaspoons of Garlic Powder
Step 2: Mix Everything Together
Get a large bowl and combine all the ingredients until they’re evenly mixed. Using a whisk or fork can help in ensuring that everything is incorporated properly. If you see clumps forming, use a sifter to aerate and break them up.
Step 3: Add Dried Herbs and Spices
Now that your basic mixture is done, add some dried herbs and spices to give it more flavor. Add about a teaspoon each of rosemary, oregano, thyme, paprika, or any other spices that you prefer. Keep mixing until they’re properly integrated into the blend.
Step 4: Store and Use
Your gluten-free breading mix is now complete! You can store it in an airtight container inside the pantry for six months. When using for coating meat products like chicken tenders or fish fillets, dip them in buttermilk then coat them evenly with the mixture before pan-frying or baking them.
That’s it! With these four easy steps, you can make your gluten-free breading without sacrificing flavor.
Substitutions and Variations
This gluten-free breading mix recipe is incredibly versatile and can be customized to fit your preferences. Here are some substitutions and variations to try:
– Flour blend: Instead of the sorghum flour and cornstarch blend, feel free to use a pre-made gluten-free flour blend. Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour or King Arthur Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour are both great options.
– Coarsely ground cornmeal: If you don’t have coarsely ground cornmeal, regular cornmeal or even crushed corn flakes can be used in its place.
– Dried herbs: The herbs listed in the recipe are just suggestions. Feel free to use any combination of dried herbs you prefer, such as thyme, rosemary, or basil.
– Bread crumbs: For a crunchier breading mix, substitute some or all of the sorghum flour mixture with gluten-free bread crumbs (either homemade or store-bought) or even gluten-free panko. Keep in mind that panko may not adhere as well without the addition of egg.
– Tempura batter: For a lighter and crispier coating, try using a tempura batter instead of the breading mix. You can either make your own using a gluten-free pancake mix or use a pre-made tempura batter mix.
– Low-carb version: To make this recipe low-carb, substitute the sorghum flour mixture with almond flour or coconut flour. Bear in mind that these flours will likely result in a slightly different texture than the original recipe.
These are just some ideas to get you started. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different combinations until you find what works best for you. Regardless of what substitutions or variations you make, this gluten-free breading mix is sure to enhance the flavor and texture of any chicken or meat dish!
Serving and Pairing
This gluten-free breading mix recipe is just as versatile in serving and pairing as it is delicious. What’s on your menu? Whether you’re serving chicken tenders or fried fish, this breaded crusting mix is the perfect way to add that crispy texture without any gluten.
For a classic twist, try pairing the breading mix with a simple chicken recipe for some good old-fashioned fried chicken tenders. The gluten-free flour blend forms a yummy batter that will give you a nice crispy crust on your deep-fried chicken breast.
But why stop at chicken? Mix it up by using this breading mix for your battered fish, low-carb baked chicken cutlets, even tempura batter! It’s all about easy meal ideas that make our lives tastier.
If you’re feeling fancy, try mixing in some dried herbs for flavor and a pop of color! Rosemary and thyme are two great options that go well with chicken and fish. For something even more indulgent, consider trying crushed corn flakes or regular bread crumbs instead of panko for a texture-packed crunch.
The beauty of this breading mix is that it works for all sorts of dishes — from the simple to the more unique. So get creative and see where your taste buds take you!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
One of the best things about this gluten-free breading mix recipe is that you can make it ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in your pantry. This means that you’ll have the breading mix already in your pantry, ready to use whenever you want.
If you have any leftover breading mix after coating your chicken tenders or other meat, don’t worry about throwing it away. Store it in a tightly sealed container and keep it in your pantry for future use.
When it comes to storing your breaded chicken or other meat, keep it in the fridge, tightly covered with plastic wrap or foil. Since the breading contains cornstarch and arrowroot, which can easily absorb moisture, it’s best to eat the breaded meats within a day or two after you’ve prepared them.
Reheating breaded meats is easy when they’re stored properly. You can reheat them in the oven at around 350°F for 10-15 minutes until they are warmed through and crisp. Be sure not to overcook them because they might become dry if left too long.
Alternatively, you can reheat breaded meat using an air fryer because it will retain its crispy texture even after reheating. Simply place the breaded meat into the basket of your air fryer and cook it until heated through – this should take between 5-10 minutes.
With these tips on make-ahead, storing, and reheating your gluten-free breaded meats like fried chicken tenders and baked chicken cutlets, you’ll be able to enjoy delicious meals without worrying about sacrificing flavor or texture on subsequent servings!
Tips for Perfect Results
Now that you have all the ingredients and know how to make a gluten-free breading mix, here are some tips to ensure that your recipe turns out perfectly crisped and full of flavor.
1. Use coarsely ground cornmeal for added texture – I recommend using Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten-Free Flour Breading Mix, which already has this ingredient in it. However, if you choose to make your own blend, look for a coarsely ground cornmeal to add some crunch to your breading.
2. Don’t skip the seasoning – This breading mix is just as flavorful as its gluten-containing counterpart thanks to the addition of garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper. Be sure to season your protein generously before breading it.
3. Make sure your oil is hot enough – Whether you’re deep frying or pan frying your breaded protein, oil temperature is crucial. If it’s not hot enough, the breading will absorb too much oil resulting in a soggy dish Instead of crisp.
4. Don’t overcrowd the pan – It’s essential to leave enough space between each piece of breaded protein in the pan or fryer so that they cook evenly and get crispy on all sides.
5. Evenly coat your protein in the breading mix – To ensure an even coating of the breading mix on your protein, place it in a plastic bag with some breading mix and gently shake until it’s fully coated.
6. Make sure your protein is dry before adding the breading mix – Any excess moisture left on the surface of your protein can result in a clumpy coating that falls off during cooking.
7. Use additional binders for better adhesion – For extra sticking power, add an additional binder such as xanthan gum or psyllium husk powder to your blend.
8. Serve immediately – Fried chicken and other breaded meat dishes are best served immediately since the breading tends to lose its crispiness over time.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to create a perfectly crispy and flavorful gluten-free breaded dish. Enjoy!
Now that you have learned how to create a delicious gluten-free breading mix perfect for breaded chicken tenders or any other breaded meat, let’s take a moment to address some frequently asked questions. Don’t worry; I am confident that I can help provide answers to your queries so that you can make the most of your gluten-free cooking experience. Let’s dive into some FAQ, shall we?
What can I use for breading that is gluten-free?
When it comes to cooking healthy and nutritious meals, incorporating the right ingredients is crucial. For this recipe, we will be using polenta – coarsely ground cornmeal, along with a few other options including corn flour, sweet rice flour, brown rice flour, crushed corn chips (or potato chips), crushed brown rice crispy cereal, and crushed corn flakes. By using these variations, we can create a delicious and gluten-free meal that is both satisfying and healthy.
What is the best gluten-free flour for breading?
When it comes to creating delicious gluten-free fried chicken, I have discovered that rice flour is the ideal choice for a crispy texture. To achieve the right consistency, I use a cup for cup all-purpose gluten-free flour mixture, with Pillsbury’s gluten-free blend being my personal favorite. Alternatives such as Bob’s Red Mill, Better Batter, or King Arthur Measure For Measure can also be used with success.
Can gluten-free flour be used for breading?
Millet flour is a go-to option for gluten-free chefs when it comes to breading pan fried meats and fish. This flour provides a delightful sweetness and crumbly texture to dishes, while also adding a significant amount of protein.
What is the best gluten-free flour for frying batter?
When it comes to preparing savory meals such as fried chicken or eggplant parmesan without gluten, there are a few types of flour that work really well. Tapioca starch is the standout in particular, and I highly recommend using it in this easy chicken recipe. Other options to consider include Cassava Flour, Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Flour Blend (in the red label bag), and Gluten Free Bisquick.
In conclusion, the recipe for gluten-free breading mix is a perfect addition to your pantry for those on a gluten-free, dairy-free, or low-carb diet. It is easy to make and versatile enough to be used in a variety of dishes. The mix is made using simple ingredients such as sorghum flour, arrowroot, and cornstarch, making it an affordable option compared to store-bought blends.
The breading mix can be used for various recipes like fried chicken tenders, baked chicken cutlets, battered fish or tempura batter. The mix can also be varied with the inclusion of dried herbs and spices like onion powder, garlic powder and seasoning salt.
Moreover, the gluten-free breading mix is ideal for individuals who are dealing with gluten allergies or sensitivities. This recipe allows you to enjoy comfort food without the risk of triggering any symptoms. Lastly, store-bought bread crumbs or panko crumbs are often high in sodium and preservatives; making your own breading mix at home ensures that you have control over the ingredients that go into your food.
Overall, this gluten-free breading mix recipe is not only healthier but also more delicious than anything that comes out of a box. Using this recipe guarantees perfect results every time – crispy-crusted chicken tenders or baked cutlets coated in a flavorful mixture. So why not give it a try? You never know what you might find!
Gluten Free Breading Mix Recipe
- 2 cups sorghum flour
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch or 6 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- Mix all ingredients together.
- To use, spoon out the amount needed to coat meat. Meat/fish can be dipped in milk and beaten egg before dredging for a thicker, crispier coating.
- Store any unused mix in an airtight container in a cool, dry place, or freeze.