Delicious Gluten-Free Surf and Turf Pizza Recipe
As a nutritionist and food blogger, I understand that it can be difficult to find delicious recipes that meet everyone’s dietary restrictions. But fear no more, because I’m here to share a recipe that’s sure to satisfy everyone at the dinner table! Introducing the Gluten Free Surf and Turf White Pizza.
This pizza is a unique blend of surf and turf flavors, making it perfect for seafood lovers and meat eaters alike. Plus, its gluten-free pizza dough makes it safe for those with gluten sensitivities to enjoy without worrying about any negative health effects.
Not only is this pizza delicious and accommodating to various dietary restrictions, but it’s also easy to make right in your own kitchen. And who doesn’t love homemade pizza? With this recipe, you’ll be able to create a true culinary masterpiece in no time.
So gather your ingredients and roll up your sleeves, because we’re about to embark on a flavor adventure with this Gluten Free Surf and Turf White Pizza.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This gluten-free and dairy-free pizza recipe is sure to become your new favorite comfort food. Not only is it easy to make, but it also combines different flavors and textures that will make your taste buds dance with joy.
Are you a fan of surf and turf dishes? If so, you’ll love this white pizza recipe that combines shrimp and bacon for a unique flavor combination. The dry-aged ribeye steak and sea scallops add a touch of sophistication to this homemade pizza.
If you’re someone who’s concerned about their health, this gluten-free pizza recipe will be a game-changer for you. The cauliflower crust and fresh basil toppings are packed with essential nutrients that are good for your body.
And if that’s not enough, this pizza recipe also includes Ragu Pizza Sauce – a gluten-free sauce that’s made with vine-ripened tomatoes, garlic, and herbs. Plus, you can customize the toppings to your liking, whether it’s adding more cheese or opting for a spicier kick with some red pepper flakes.
Overall, this pizza recipe is versatile, delicious, and perfect for any occasion – from a casual night in to entertaining guests. What are you waiting for? Try it out today!
Here are the ingredients you need to prepare this mouth-watering gluten-free pizza. Remember to grab fresh and organic ingredients to get the best out of your dish.
- Pizza Dough: This recipe calls for gluten-free pizza dough. You can either buy it from the store, or prepare it at home using rice flour, olive oil, salt, sugar, xanthan gum, yeast, and warm water.
- Ragu Pizza Sauce: Make a homemade Ragu pizza sauce by mixing tomato paste, garlic cloves, olive oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, dried basil leaves, dried oregano leaves.
- Surf and Turf: We are combining two best proteins in one pizza – sea scallops and shrimp, along with cooked bacon strips. Make sure that you use fresh seafood while preparing this pizza.
- White Sauce: We will also be preparing a white sauce for our pizza. You need unsalted butter, garlic cloves minced finely, all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour blend substitute 1:1 ratio), milk or any non-dairy milk like almond milk or coconut milk.
- Cheeses: The special ingredient in this pizza recipe is cheese! We will be using three types of cheese; shredded mozzarella cheese, grated Parmesan cheese along with creamy ricotta cheese.
- Assorted Seasoning: Add flavor with minced garlic cloves, chopped fresh basil leaves, a pinch of garlic powder and kosher salt.
You might think that the ingredients are simple but when you bring together these savory toppings on top of a crispy gluten-free crust and zesty homemade ragu pizza sauce – you’ll come up with a combination that is extraordinary!
The Recipe How-To
Now that you have your ingredients ready, it’s time to create this delicious gluten-free surf and turf white pizza from scratch. You’ll be making the pizza dough, preparing the toppings, and assembling it all together for a sensational culinary experience.
Homemade Pizza Dough
First things first, you need to make the gluten-free pizza crust. In a food processor, pulse 2 cups of cauliflower until it reaches a rice-like consistency. Then transfer this to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
Once done, place the cauliflower in a clean dish towel and wring out all excess water. Combine the cauliflower with 1 cup of gluten-free flour, 2 eggs, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Stir well until combined into smooth dough. Spread this dough onto a baking sheet-lined with parchment paper and brush with olive oil. Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until slightly golden.
Preparing the Toppings
While the pizza crust is baking, you can prepare your toppings! Begin by cooking your shrimp and bacon in separate pans over medium-high heat until they are crispy and light pink in color. Set aside.
Next, make your white sauce by mixing together 2 cloves of minced garlic, three tablespoons of olive oil, and a pinch of red pepper flakes over low heat for two minutes before adding one cup of parmesan cheese and one cup of mozzarella cheese to make a gooey mixture.
Assembling the Pizza
Take out the cooked pizza crust out of the oven and assemble the toppings. Start by spreading half of the garlic cream sauce over the crust then add some dry-aged ribeye slices followed by sea scallops.
Add some cooked shrimp pieces and bacon bits on top followed by fresh basil leaves. Finish the toppings with some more garlic cream sauce on top.
Baking the Pizza
Bake the pizza in a preheated oven at 450°F for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and everything is heated through. Take it out of the oven and let it rest for five minutes before slicing.
This gluten-free surf and turf white pizza is now ready to be devoured!
Substitutions and Variations
Say you’re out of shrimp, or you want to make this dish vegetarian – what’s a good substitute? Fear not my dear reader, as the beauty of pizza is that it’s incredibly versatile. You can mix and match toppings to your heart’s content.
For those who don’t prefer seafood or cannot eat it, try substituting the shrimp with diced mushrooms or sautéed spinach. Both will give you a deep earthy flavor that will elevate your pizza experience. You could also swap the bacon for some crispy prosciutto, pancetta or tofu “bacon”- whichever you prefer.
If you’re looking to make this recipe even healthier or lighter, use cauliflower crust instead of traditional pizza dough. You can buy it frozen or make it fresh at home with just a few ingredients. It’s a perfect gluten-free option that’s loaded with vitamins and flavor.
For cheese lovers out there, don’t hesitate to experiment with different types! If mozzarella and parmesan aren’t your thing, try a four-cheese blend with gouda, cheddar, fontina and goat cheese. Or for something completely different, use an alfredo sauce instead of regular tomato sauce for a creamy and cheesy twist on white pizza.
Looking to add some sweetness to your Surf n Turf White Pizza? Try adding sliced grapes on top before baking! This unique combination blends salty and sweet flavors in each bite.
No matter how you decide to customize this Surf n Turf White Pizza recipe, remember to keep it healthy and gluten-free for a guilt-free indulgence that is bound to leave your belly full and your heart happy.
Serving and Pairing
When it comes to serving and pairing this Gluten-Free Surf and Turf White Pizza, there are a few options that can take your meal to the next level.
First, you can enjoy this pizza on its own or with a side of fresh grapes or a green salad tossed with vinaigrette. The sweetness from the grapes complements the tangy cocktail sauce used on this pizza perfectly, while the freshly dressed greens add some flavor contrast to the rich toppings.
If you are looking for a more substantial meal or want to feed a larger crowd, try pairing your pizza with a hearty soup or stew. A slow-cooker beef stew with root vegetables or a creamy vegetable soup with dairy-free alfredo sauce would be excellent options that complement the flavors present in the pizza.
Another approach for pairing is to keep it simple and serve this pizza with a refreshing beverage like sparkling water or an herbal tea. The bubbly and thirst-quenching characteristics of the water nicely balance out the richness of cheese and meats, while herbaceous tea brings out a new range of flavors in this gluten-free white pizza.
Regardless of how you decide to serve and pair this Surf and Turf White Pizza, don’t be afraid to get creative and experiment with different combinations. The possibilities are endless!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
When it comes to pizza, it’s always better fresh out of the oven. However, if you’re short on time or need to prepare this recipe ahead of time, there are a few things you can do.
To make-ahead the pizza, you can prepare the crust and sauce ahead of time and store them separately in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. You can also pre-cook the shrimp and bacon and store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
When it comes to storing the leftover pizza, it’s important to properly wrap it up so it doesn’t dry out. You can store the leftover surf and turf white pizza in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
When reheating, I recommend using a toaster oven or regular oven. This will help keep the crust crispy and not soggy. Simply preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C), place the pizza on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, and bake for 10-12 minutes or until heated through.
With these tips, you can enjoy leftovers of this delicious surf and turf white pizza without sacrificing the quality of taste or texture.
Tips for Perfect Results
As someone who has experimented with countless pizza recipes and techniques over the years, I’ve learned a thing or two about how to achieve perfect results. Here are a few tips to keep in mind as you make your Gluten Free Surf and Turf White Pizza.
1. Use high-quality ingredients: Since this pizza is all about showcasing the delicious flavors of shrimp, bacon, ribeye and sea scallops, it’s important to use fresh and top-notch ingredients. Make sure you buy high-quality seafood and dry-aged ribeye from a reputable supplier, and use fresh herbs like basil to get the most flavor out of your toppings.
2. Preheat your oven: To ensure that your pizza cooks evenly and comes out perfectly crispy every time, it’s essential to preheat your oven properly. Set your oven to 450°F (230°C) and allow it to heat up for at least 15-20 minutes before baking your pizza.
3. Roll out the dough evenly: When it comes to gluten-free pizza dough, one of the biggest challenges is getting it rolled out evenly. Work slowly and gently with the dough, using a rolling pin or your hands to create a thin, uniform crust.
4. Don’t overload on sauce: While it can be tempting to slather on lots of sauce when making pizza, it’s important to exercise some restraint when creating the white sauce base for this recipe. Too much sauce can weigh down the crust and make it soggy–aim for a thin layer instead.
5. Keep toppings light: Similar to sauce, you don’t want to go too crazy with toppings on this pizza. Each ingredient should shine through on its own without being smothered by others. Don’t go overboard with portion sizes or layering options.
6. Let it rest before slicing: Once you take your pizza out of the oven, resist the urge to slice into it right away! Allow it to rest for a few minutes on a cooling rack or cutting board. This will give the cheese time to set and help keep your toppings in place when you do slice it.
By keeping these tips in mind, you’re sure to achieve delicious and visually stunning results with your Gluten Free Surf and Turf White Pizza.
In conclusion, this gluten-free Surf and Turf White Pizza recipe is a delicious and healthy option that you can add to your meal plan. The combination of shrimp, bacon, dry-aged ribeye, sea scallops, and fresh basil brings out an amazing flavor and texture that will leave you craving for more. This pizza recipe is not only easy to make but also customizable with various toppings to suit different preferences.
Moreover, the use of gluten-free four-cheese white pizza sauce gives this recipe a unique taste that is hard to resist. You could even experiment with substituting the white sauce for alfredo sauce if you prefer a creamier taste or olive oil if you are keeping an eye on your calorie intake.
It’s important to note that this recipe is dairy-free and keto-friendly as well since it doesn’t contain any dairy products or gluten in the pizza crust. So, it’s a great option for anyone who has dietary restrictions or those who are trying to lead a healthier lifestyle.
Incorporating healthy recipes like this gluten-free Surf and Turf White Pizza into your diet can have a significant impact on your wellbeing. So go ahead, give it a try and see how easy it is to make restaurant-quality pizza right at home!
Gluten Free Surf and Turf White Pizza #Ragu Recipe
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 12 ounces shrimp, medium sized, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cauliflower, medium-sized, stalk removed and cut into florets (should yield 2-3 cups cauliflower bits after processed)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Ragú® Pasta Sauce (cheese creations Roasted Garlic Parmesan sauce)
- 6 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 10 leaves fresh basil
- Place a pizza stone in the oven, or a baking sheet if you don't have one, and preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- On another baking sheet, lay out the bacon slices and bake in oven until they are partially cooked, about 7-9 minutes. Chop into pieces and set bacon aside.
- In a small bowl, mix shrimp, olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes until shrimp is coated. Set aside to marinate while you make the pizza crust.
- To make cauliflower crust, pulse cauliflower florets in food processor until chopped very finely, like snow. Place in microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- After it has cooled, place microwaved cauliflower in a clean dishtowel. Wrap it up, wring and squeeze tightly over the sink to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Place cauliflower in a large mixing bowl and combine with 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese (set aside 1 and 1/2 cups to top pizza), parmesan cheese, italian herbs, salt, garlic powder and eggs. Mix thoroughly.
- Spray a large piece of parchment paper well with non stick spray, and dump your dough into the middle. Pat into a large circle approximately 1/4 inch thick with your hands, making sure the crust is tightly formed with no cracks.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until brown spots appear on top and the edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- While the crust is baking, preheat a large non-stick pan over medium high heat. Cook shrimp on both sides until just barely pink (they will still be raw inside), about 45 seconds to 1 minute per side. Set aside to cool.
- Spread entire jar of Ragu Roasted Garlic Parmesan Cheese Creations sauce on crust to about 1/4 - 1/2 inch from the edge. Top with 1 cup of the remaining shredded mozzarella, then distribute shrimp, chopped bacon and crumbled goat cheese evenly over the pizza. Top again with remaining 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella. You can sprinkle with additional red pepper flakes if you like it spicy!
- Bake an additional 10 minutes. While pizza is baking, roll basil leaves into a cigar shape and slice thinly. When pizza comes out of the oven, sprinkle with basil, cut into slices and serve hot.