As a nutritionist and food blogger, my passion is creating truly delicious and healthy recipes, and today I have the perfect one for you! This recipe is for Peter’s Easy Gluten Free Cookies – an absolute classic with a modern twist. These cookies have all the taste of traditional chocolate chip cookies, but feature gluten-free flour and chunky peanut butter for an extra boost of protein.
Whether you’re gluten-free by choice or by necessity, these cookies are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth without compromising your diet. I love this recipe because it’s so easy to make, yet the results are melt-in-your-mouth delicious. You won’t believe that these are gluten-free!
So, what’s the key to making these cookies not only healthy but also absolutely delicious? It’s all in the ingredients! From the chunky peanut butter to the dark brown sugar and baking soda, each ingredient has been carefully selected to create a recipe that is both rich in flavor and packed with nutrients.
But don’t just take my word for it – try them out yourself! Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or a dessert to impress friends and family, these gluten-free chocolate chip cookies are sure to become your new favorite. So let’s get started on this easy gluten-free cookie recipe!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you looking for a gluten-free cookie recipe that is both fast and easy to bake? Look no further than Peter’s Easy Gluten Free Cookies Recipe! These cookies are the perfect combination of chunky peanut butter and rich chocolate chips, making them a melt-in-your-mouth treat that will satisfy any sweet tooth.
Not only are these cookies universally enjoyable and delicious, but they also cater to those with dietary restrictions by being both gluten-free and dairy-free. You can rest assured that you’re not only treating your taste buds to a delightful treat, but also nourishing your body with wholesome ingredients.
These cookies are also great for anyone who wants to save time while still enjoying the decadent dessert. With just a few simple ingredients, including brown sugar and vanilla paste, this recipe comes together in no time. Whether you’re a skilled baker or just starting out in the kitchen, these cookies are sure to impress even the toughest critics.
So why wait? Gather your ingredients and start baking now. These cookies may just become your new go-to dessert!
Let’s dive into the ingredient goodness! Here is everything you will need to make Peter’s Easy Gluten-Free Cookies recipe:
- 1 cup of gluten-free flour (you can use oat flour, almond flour, or any other gluten-free flour you prefer)
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of chunky peanut butter (use MaraNatha or Earth Balance brand)
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
This ingredient list is for a basic batch, but don’t hesitate to experiment with different additions like oatmeal, raisins, or shredded coconut.
The Recipe How-To
Step-by-Step Gluten-Free Cookies Recipe
If you have a sweet tooth, this recipe is perfect for satisfying those cravings. These are the best gluten-free chocolate chip cookies ever! They have the perfect texture and taste, and they will melt in your mouth. The recipe is simple, fast and easy to make, so let’s start!
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of chunky peanut butter (use Maranatha or Earth Balance)
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract or vanilla paste
- 1 cup of gluten-free flour (use Peter Reinhardt’s artisanal gluten-free flour 1 or cake mix)
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and peanut butter using an electric mixer until smooth. Then add in the brown sugar and cream together.
- Add the egg and the vanilla extract, and mix until combined.
- To the wet ingredients, add the gluten-free flour, baking soda, and salt** until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop or a spoon to measure around 2 tablespoons of dough/batter per cookie. Roll each measurement into balls with your palms and then place them onto baking sheets lined with either parchment paper or silicone mats. Try to space them out at about an inch apart.
- Using your hand or a fork, lightly press down each cookie dough ball so that they flatten slightly.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly golden on top with slightly crispy edges but soft in texture.
- Once done take out from the oven and transfer them onto a wire cooling rack.
- Serve when they have cooled down or store for later.
Enjoy your gluten-free chocolate chip cookies!
Substitutions and Variations
As a nutritionist and food blogger, I always encourage creativity in the kitchen. So, if you can’t find some of the ingredients listed in Peter’s Easy Gluten Free Cookies Recipe or need to modify it based on your dietary restrictions or preferences, don’t worry! Here are some substitutions and variations that I’ve tried successfully:
– Flour: Instead of using artisanal gluten-free flour, try oat flour. The cookies will come out slightly denser but still moist and flavorful.
– Butter: You can substitute unsalted butter with vegan butter or coconut oil for a dairy-free option. I recommend using Earth Balance or coconut oil if you want to make the cookies plant-based.
– Peanut Butter: If chunky peanut butter isn’t your favorite or you are allergic to peanuts, try creamy peanut butter or almond butter instead.
– Sugar: You can replace brown sugar with dark brown sugar, honey, maple syrup or coconut sugar for a low-carb option. Alternatively, you could use granulated sugar-free for a sugar-free option.
– Chocolate Chips: For those who love variety, use mixed chocolate chips such as dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and white chocolate.
– Type of Cookies: Instead of just making classic chocolate chip cookies with Peter’s recipe, experiment and switch up the type of cookie by adding oatmeal or cake mix for something different.
Keep in mind that these substitutions will lead to slight variations in texture and taste. But don’t be afraid to put your spin on this recipe! The possibilities are endless and it’s always fun to experiment in the kitchen.
Serving and Pairing
Now that your easy gluten-free cookies are out of the oven and nicely cooled, it’s time to serve them up and savor the deliciousness in every bite. Here are some pairing suggestions that will take your cookies from good to great.
First off, let’s talk about classic pairings. You can never go wrong with a glass of cold milk or a hot cup of coffee or tea. The rich chocolate flavor of these gluten-free chocolate chip cookies pairs exceptionally well with the simplicity of a refreshing glass of milk.
But why stop there? Have some fun and mix things up a bit! Try pairing these cookies with a bold red wine, like Shiraz or Cabernet Sauvignon. The wine’s tannins will provide a subtle contrast to the sweetness of the cookies, enhancing the complexity of their flavors.
If you’re feeling adventurous and want to add an extra kick to your cookies, try pairing them with a spicy chai latte or black coffee. The warm spices in the chai or the bitter notes in coffee will add depth and warmth to each bite.
Want to take things up another notch? Pair them with some homemade strawberry ice cream or top them off with whipped cream for a decadent dessert. Or, if you’re feeling more experimental, crumble them up and use them as a topping for oatmeal or Greek yogurt.
No matter how you choose to serve them, these easy gluten-free chocolate chip cookies are sure to become your new go-to snack when you’re craving something sweet and satisfying. So indulge guilt-free, and enjoy every melt-in-your-mouth bite!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
As much as we love freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, there are times when you don’t have the luxury to bake them on-demand. Luckily, this gluten-free chocolate chip cookie recipe is perfect for making ahead and storing for days or even weeks!
After baking a batch of these melt-in-your-mouth cookies, allow them to cool completely before storing. To store the cookies, arrange them in an airtight container lined with parchment paper. This will prevent the cookies from sticking together and preserve their freshness. These cookies can last up to a week when stored properly.
But what if you want them to last longer? You can freeze your cookies for up to three months! Make sure that you store them in an airtight freezer-safe container so that they don’t suffer from freezer burn. When ready to eat, take the container out of the freezer and allow the cookies to defrost at room temperature for about 30 minutes before indulging.
If you need to reheat your previously baked cookies, pop them in the microwave for about 10 seconds to warm them up. This technique will soften the chocolate chips in the cookie and make it taste freshly baked.
Lastly, if you’re planning on having guests over, or just want cookies on standby for those late-night cravings, this recipe allows you easily double or even triple the batch without sacrificing flavor or texture. So go ahead and make a large batch of these irresistible gluten-free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies- they’ll come in handy when you’re short on time but still crave something sweet!
Tips for Perfect Results
Looking for tips and tricks to make the best gluten-free cookies ever? Here are some expert advice you can use to make sure your cookies come out perfectly every time.
1. Bake with room temperature ingredients:
Using room temperature ingredients like butter, eggs and peanut butter will help the ingredients emulsify better and your dough will be smoother.
2. Don’t overmix the dough:
Overmixing can lead to tough or dry cookies. To avoid this, mix everything until just combined.
3. Refrigerate the dough:
Refrigerating the dough before baking will give you cookies with a chewy texture and rich flavor.
4. Use parchment paper:
Parchment paper will prevent your cookies from sticking to your baking sheet or pan.
5. Measure ingredients carefully:
Gluten-free baking is all about ratios, so it’s important that you measure your ingredients carefully for the recipe to work properly.
6. Let the cookies cool down before eating:
Cookies are always irresistible when they’re fresh from the oven but letting them cool down first will help them set better and the cookies’ texture won’t change due to residual heat.
By following these tips, you will have success in making expertly crafted artisanal gluten-free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies that are sure to melt in your mouth!
In conclusion, Peter’s Easy Gluten Free Cookies Recipe is an absolute must-try for anyone who loves sweet treats but is also health-conscious. With its simple 3-ingredient peanut butter base, these cookies are not only rich in flavor but also packed with protein, fiber and healthy fats, which makes them ideal for athletes or anyone on low-carb or paleo diets.
Moreover, this recipe is easily customizable to fit your dietary requirements or preferences – swap peanut butter for almond, cashew or sunflower seed butter; use oat flour instead of gluten-free flour; replace chocolate chips with raisins, nuts or seeds. The possibilities are endless!
Additionally, thanks to Peter’s clever tips and Kelli and Peter Bronski’s expertise in artisanal gluten-free cooking and baking classics foreworded by Peter Reinart, you can be sure that this recipe is foolproof and will result in melt-in-your-mouth cookies that are the best you’ve ever tasted.
So what are you waiting for? Quick! Gather your ingredients and whip up a batch of these delicious and easy gluten-free cookies today!
Peter’s Easy Gluten Free Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter (we use Maranatha or Earth Balance...REAL peanut butter)
- 1 cup brown sugar (I only have dark brown in the house, but I'm sure golden brown is fine)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips (original recipe says 6 oz., but 1 c. is a good "theme" & easy for a young boy to remember as he bake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix everything but chips in mixing bowl.
- Fold in chips.
- Form dough by tablespoons into balls.
- Arrange 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.