Do you have a sweet tooth but can’t indulge in traditional cookies because of gluten or dairy intolerance? Or simply want to treat your loved ones who follow a flourless, dairy-free or vegan diet to some delicious goodness without compromising on taste? Then you have landed at the right place!
I am thrilled to share with you my recipe for gluten-free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, which are not only free from gluten and dairy but also irresistibly soft, chewy and decadent. Yes, you read that right – these cookies are packed with all the classic flavors of peanut butter and chocolate chips that melt in your mouth but none of the inhibiting ingredients.
The recipe requires only 10 simple ingredients that you may already have in your pantry and is super easy to make, even if you are not an experienced baker. I can vouch for the sheer joy of biting into these flourless treats without any guilt or discomfort. Trust me; your taste buds will thank you, and so will your body.
So go ahead and preheat your oven to 350°F, gather the ingredients, and let’s bake up a storm of gluten-free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies that will make everyone’s day a little sweeter!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
As a nutritionist cum food blogger, I’m excited to share why you’ll fall in love with this Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe. First of all, we can all agree that peanut butter and chocolate chips are the perfect match made in heaven. This recipe is not only delicious, but it’s also gluten-free and dairy-free, making it perfect for people with gluten or lactose intolerances.
But wait, there’s more! These cookies are flourless and made with rolled oats instead of flour. This means that they are not only gluten-free but also low-carb and vegan-friendly. The combination of peanut butter and oats gives these cookies the perfect chewy yet crunchy texture, making them highly addictive.
Another reason why these cookies are so appealing is that they are incredibly easy to make. You only need one bowl and a few simple steps to make the dough. Plus, this recipe requires no chilling time – just mix the ingredients, scoop the dough onto a baking sheet, and bake for 8-10 minutes. In other words, these cookies are perfect for those times when you need a quick and easy dessert.
Lastly, this recipe allows for plenty of substitutions and variations. Swap out the chocolate chips for dark chocolate chunks or M&Ms or add in some chopped nuts like almonds or pecans to elevate the flavor even more. Furthermore, you can use any type of creamy peanut butter you prefer – whether it be organic, all-natural or homemade.
Overall, these Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are an irresistible treat that ticks all the boxes – delicious, healthy, easy to make and adaptable to your taste preferences. Trust me; once you try these cookies, they will become your new favorite dessert!
Let’s take a look at what you’ll need for these delicious gluten-free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies:
- 1 cup of gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 3/4 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
Note: Make sure to use creamy peanut butter that has no added sugar or oil, and is preferably organic. Also, choose gluten-free rolled oats to ensure that the recipe is completely gluten-free.
The Recipe How-To
Now that we have gone through the list of ingredients, let’s dive in and start making these ‘Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies’. Believe me, you will never miss regular flour after trying this recipe!
Step 1: Preheat Your Oven
The first and most important step is to preheat your oven to 350°F or 180°C.
Step 2: Prep the Dough
Take a large mixing bowl and add 1 cup of creamy peanut butter, 1 cup of dark brown sugar, and 1/2 cup of white sugar. Stir the ingredients well until they are thoroughly combined.
Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and one large egg to the above mixture. Mix all the ingredients together until you get a smooth dough.
Now, fold in 2 cups of rolled oats and 3/4 cup of chocolate chips into the dough with a spatula.
Step 3: Scoop the Dough
Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, scoop about two tablespoons of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (This recipe makes about 24 cookies.)
Step 4: Bake Your Cookies
Bake your cookies in a pre-heated oven at 350°F or 180°C for about 10-11 minutes. You want your cookies to look golden brown around the edges but still soft at the center.
Step 5: Let it Cool
Once done, take out your baked cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Transferring them too soon can result in them falling apart.
Congratulations! You have now made delicious Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Substitutions and Variations
Are you looking to switch things up with this gluten-free peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe? Here are some tasty substitutions and variations to consider:
1. Make them vegan: Substitute the egg with 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce or mashed banana. Make sure to use vegan chocolate chips or omit them altogether.
2. Use different nut butters: Try using almond butter, cashew butter or sunflower seed butter in place of peanut butter for a different flavor profile.
3. Add some crunch: Add chopped nuts such as pecans, walnuts or almonds to give the cookies some texture.
4. Low-carb option: Replace the white and brown sugar with a low-carb sweetener like Swerve and opt for sugar-free chocolate chips.
5. Flourless peanut butter cookies: For a twist on this recipe, omit the chocolate chips and use 2 cups of rolled oats instead of gluten-free flour.
6. Oatmeal chocolate chip peanut butter cookies: Add 1 cup of rolled oats to the recipe along with the chocolate chips for an oatmeal cookie version.
7. Cookie bars: Instead of making individual cookies, press the dough into a baking dish for easy-to-cut cookie bars.
Remember, these are just a few ideas – feel free to get creative and experiment with different substitutions and variations!
Serving and Pairing
These gluten-free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are a delectable treat that’s perfect for almost any occasion. They are perfect for breakfast, snack, or dessert time. As for serving, you can pair it up with a cold glass of plant-based milk or a savory dessert, making the flavors pop even more.
You don’t have to limit your imagination when it comes to pairing these delicious treats as the flavor combinations you can create are endless. These cookies bring together three classic flavors of peanut butter, chocolate, and chewy oatmeal to give you an explosion of taste in every bite.
If you want a biscuit that isn’t too rich or too sweet, then these cookies are just right for you. Their texture is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, making them an ideal match for a hot beverage, such as tea or hot chocolate.
Moreover, if you’re feeling adventurous and want something unique, use two flourless chocolate peanut butter cookies along with a scoop of vanilla ice cream to create heavenly cookie bars. You could also experiment by having them as toppings on yogurt or using them as an ingredient in other low carb desserts.
In summary, these gluten-free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies can make any moment feel special because of its incredible flavors, chewy texture, and various ways it can be paired with other dishes, making it a go-to dessert for all occasions!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Now that you’ve made these delicious gluten-free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, you may be wondering how best to store and reheat them. Luckily, this recipe is perfect for making ahead and storing for later consumption.
Firstly, let’s talk about making these cookies ahead of time. If you want to make the cookie dough in advance, simply follow the recipe up until the point where you would put the dough in the oven. Instead of baking it right away, scoop the dough into small balls and freeze them on a baking sheet. Once frozen, transfer the balls of cookie dough to an air-tight container, and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you’re ready to bake your cookies, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and let the frozen cookie dough balls sit at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes. Then, bake as directed in the recipe.
If you have already baked the cookies and have leftovers or simply want to store them for later consumption, keep them in an air-tight container at room temperature. They will stay fresh for up to 5 days. If you want to extend their shelf life further, place them in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Reheating these cookies is simple. Just pop them in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds or warm them up in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-7 minutes. However, be sure not to overheat them as this can cause them to become too crumbly.
Making these delicious flourless peanut butter chocolate chip cookies ahead of time and storing them correctly are great ways of ensuring that you always have some scrumptious and healthy treat available whenever those cravings hit!
Tips for Perfect Results
There’s nothing quite like the satisfaction of biting into a warm, soft, and delicious peanut butter chocolate chip cookie. And with this gluten-free recipe in hand, you’re well on your way to achieving that perfect bite every time. But before you start mixing and baking, here are some tips to ensure your cookies come out just right:
1. Use creamy peanut butter: For the best texture and flavor, use creamy peanut butter in this recipe rather than crunchy. Creamy peanut butter mixes more easily with the other ingredients and provides a smoother consistency to the dough.
2. Chill the dough: After you’ve mixed all the ingredients together, it’s important to refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes before baking. Chilling the dough helps prevent spreading during baking and creates a more tender cookie.
3. Don’t overmix: When mixing the ingredients together, be sure to stop as soon as everything is combined. Overmixing can lead to tough cookies.
4. Measure accurately: Accurately measuring your ingredients is key to getting consistent results every time you bake these cookies. Use measuring cups and spoons for dry ingredients, and weigh out liquids when possible.
5. Use parchment paper: Lining your baking sheet with parchment paper makes for easy cleanup and prevents cookies from sticking or burning on the bottom.
6. Monitor bake time: Keep an eye on your cookies while they’re in the oven, as cooking times may vary depending on your oven’s temperature calibration. To check if they’re done, give them a gentle press in the center – they should spring back slightly but remain soft.
By following these tips, you’ll be well-equipped to create batches of perfect gluten-free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies every time you bake them!
In conclusion, these gluten-free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are the perfect treat for anyone looking for a sweet indulgence while also watching their dietary restrictions. With the creamy and nutty taste of peanut butter mixed with the rich and decadent flavor of chocolate chips, this recipe is bound to leave you feeling satisfied and guilt-free.
What I love most about this recipe is how versatile it is. You can replace the chocolate chips with raisins or dried cranberries, or even add chopped nuts like pecans or almonds for an extra crunch. You can also swap out the brown sugar for maple syrup or honey if you prefer a sweeter taste.
With these cookies, you can satisfy your sweet tooth without compromising your health goals. Whether you make them for your family, friends or simply as a treat for yourself, these gluten-free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies will definitely become a favorite in your recipe book.
So go ahead, give this recipe a try and savor every bite of its deliciousness. And don’t forget to let me know how they turned out!
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Combine all ingredients. Put on non stick cookie sheet sprayed with (lightly Pam cooking spray) in cookie balls shapes as large or small as you want. Smash cookies with spoon till flat.
- Bake at 325°F for 20 minutes.